Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

thanks! looks like the ecstacy is the only other ship in port the day we will be there...so i guess we will get the international pier! :)

There is only one other ship the day we are scheduled to be there as well, so I am excited about getting to "dock", and also the day we are going to be in Costa Maya, we will be the only ship there!:D

We love the beds!! They are so comfortable. My question is three boys in our group are staying in one room with a bunk. Does that bunk happen to have the good mattress also? Thanks, Vicki

We love the beds!! They are so comfortable. My question is three boys in our group are staying in one room with a bunk. Does that bunk happen to have the good mattress also? Thanks, Vicki

Speaking from our past experience with Carnival, the bunks and roll a way cots are not as comfortable as the beds, but my kids were OK with it, because they were on a cruise with pizza and icecream 24/7, so they would have slept on the floor! haha;)

thanks! looks like the ecstacy is the only other ship in port the day we will be there...so i guess we will get the international pier! :)

If the Fantasy and Ecstacy are the only ships then you will dock downtown at Punta Lagoosta. It is the best place to dock because it is right across the street from Carlos'n Charlies/Senior Frogs. At the international pier you have to take a taxi to go anywhere.

If the Fantasy and Ecstacy are the only ships then you will dock downtown at Punta Lagoosta. It is the best place to dock because it is right across the street from Carlos'n Charlies/Senior Frogs. At the international pier you have to take a taxi to go anywhere.

thanks for the info!

Of course with a balcony you may just enjoy the sail away from there instead of going on deck ...

So that brings up a question ...

On the Fantasy, where is the best place for sailaway ...

Let me just say first of all that my husband and I married on this ship in January and loved every second of our trip. We married in the library while the ship was still docked in New Orleans and had our reception in Cleopatra's Lounge. It was fanstastic. We changed clothes and went to the Lido Deck to get some coffee and to sober up a little after all of the champagne.

We went and sat at the tables outside of the Windows on the Sea restaurant with our coffee and sat there for the sail away. Be sure to sit on the side opposite from the dock because the ship makes a big U-turn in the river. We sat outside drinking our coffee and watching the city go by. It's really a unique way to view New Orleans.

Have a great trip!

I never heard of tender tickets? Is this new? Where do we get them and what level do we debark? Thanks!:confused:

Unless they have stopped doing this (we had to tender in August) you are called to get into the tender boats by your ticket. You have to go down that morning and get your tender tickets, just one person can get tickets for your entire group. We were with about 14 people, so we all wanted to make sure we stayed together because we had excursions booked together. I had read on these boards before sailing that you needed to get your tickets early, so you will get called to get on the tender boats early and can start enjoying Cozumel. You can tender back to the boat at anytime.;)

We are the only ship in Costa Maya, us and the Ecstacy are the only ones in Cozumel!! Should make for good bargins while shopping!:)

I know that there will alot of "regular" vacationers in Cozumel does anyone know about Costa Maya? Untill we booked our cruise I didn't know anything at all about Costa Maya, and I love all tropical spots, how did that one get by me:confused: :confused:

First hand experience with that top berth earlier this month. NO...they are not as comfortable as the other beds but they are fine for kids. Unfortunately, I'm no kid and no where near it and it wasn't too comfy for me but at least I could see the TV - bottom bunk couldn't.

Tender tickets - they now make EVERYONE in the party be present to get tender tickets. Then they make you wait in the main show lounge and they call you by groups. I went down there before 8 and there wasn't much of a line. We actually got off about 9 as soon as we could round everyone up.

Costa Maya - there aren't vacationers there. It's a cruise ship port. You'll laugh when you see the hotels and will know what I mean. Be sure to get OUT of the port area which is really just a tourist trap. Go to the village (Majahual) or to the ruins. You won't regret it. But.....look for the hotel. :D

I believe it takes just under an hour to get to the ruins. Depending on the excursion, you may have time enough to do both but I doubt it. You're in port for 8 hours and the ruins could take about 5 hours of that. We were there also at least twice from noon to 8 pm. Once it started getting dark, we headed back to port. Not much action in the village past dark.

Late dining is 8pm in Jubilee and 8:30 in Celebration DR.

We were on the upper deck aft but had the Celebration DR. That actually happened twice. I don't know that there's much rhyme or reason to their seating. No big issue though because the ship's not that big so the walk isn't that far.

I too am glad to see an ALL FANTASY thread. We are going on the October 1st cruise. Never been to NOLA and plan to spend the Sunday before the cruise taking in the sites.

We have been looking at staying at the Holiday Inn Convention Center. Any thoughts? Is it a nice place?

Already booked the David and Ivan's Ruin Tour in Costa Maya.

Looking for something to do in Cozumel. The last time we were there we did not book an excursion in Cozumel and got stuck at the Forum Shops. We want to take the island tour and are looking for suggestions. The wife and I are not party animals so the sites are what we are looking for.

Also plan on stopping be Graceland on the way back to St. Louis on Sat/Sun. Can anyone suggest the best time to get there as we missed it coming back for Mobile last year. Got there 30 minutes before closing on a Saturday and didn't want to waste the money for 30 minutes.

There is only one other ship the day we are scheduled to be there as well, so I am excited about getting to "dock", and also the day we are going to be in Costa Maya, we will be the only ship there!:D

How do you know what other ships will be in port?

Looking for something to do in Cozumel. The last time we were there we did not book an excursion in Cozumel and got stuck at the Forum Shops. We want to take the island tour and are looking for suggestions. The wife and I are not party animals so the sites are what we are looking for.

We went on an awesome Jeep tour with aventuras naturalas in 2005, I tried their website to give you more info and it is down, I hope that they are not out of the tour business, it was the highlight of our cruise! I will keep trying to find out if they are still offering tours as we wanted to go again in August, I know I have their e-mail somewhere....if you are interested.

I too am glad to see an ALL FANTASY thread. We are going on the October 1st cruise. Never been to NOLA and plan to spend the Sunday before the cruise taking in the sites.

We have been looking at staying at the Holiday Inn Convention Center. Any thoughts? Is it a nice place?

Already booked the David and Ivan's Ruin Tour in Costa Maya.

Also plan on stopping be Graceland on the way back to St. Louis on Sat/Sun. Can anyone suggest the best time to get there as we missed it coming back for Mobile last year. Got there 30 minutes before closing on a Saturday and didn't want to waste the money for 30 minutes.

:) My DD is sailing in May on the Fantasy and staying at the Royal Sonesta thru Hotel.com price very good and it is on Bourbon St. Been there 3 times and sailed out you'll have a blast. Holiday Inn is a bit further down near riverfront. As for Cozumel DH and I went on the jeep safari cave tour. It was wonderful. Thru CCl and we were back ontime. The cave swim was so relaxing and very interesting. Then we drove to a private area for lunch and beach fun. Look up on CCL shore excursions

If we are the only ship in cozumel, we should not have to tender right? Also, does anyone know where we will dock? Thanks!

Right, and you will dock at the downtown pier (Punta Lagoosta). It's crawling distance to Carlos'n Charlies :-)

Archived