Fantasy Only Questions ...

canner2u

We haven't been on the Fantasy but have been on the Sensation 2 years ago. We are packing and I have some last minutes questions about the Fantasy. Thanks for the help!

1. Are there those personal safes in the cabin closets?
  2. Do they have body wash and shampoo in the showers?
  3. Do we need to take our own beach towels when in port?
  4. Would getting to the pier at 1pm be a good time?
  5. Will we be able to watch any of the Big Dance on the ship? (but then again if Xavier beats Ohio St I'm out of it anyway :eek: )

We haven't been on the Fantasy but have been on the Sensation 2 years ago. We are packing and I have some last minutes questions about the Fantasy. Thanks for the help!

1. Are there those personal safes in the cabin closets? Yes and you set your own code - no card w/magnetic strip needed.
  2. Do they have body wash and shampoo in the showers? Yes
  3. Do we need to take our own beach towels when in port? Yes...take your Carnival towel that will be in your cabin but be sure to bring it back!
  4. Would getting to the pier at 1pm be a good time? Not sure what your question is. Do you mean in Costa Maya? It was a noon dock for us and it was plenty of time to do what we wanted.
  5. Will we be able to watch any of the Big Dance on the ship? (but then again if Xavier beats Ohio St I'm out of it anyway :eek: Defer this question to someone else)

Thank you, your answers are very helpful!

I didn't word number 4 very well... we are wondering what time to arrive at the cruise terminal in NOLA for embarkation? Our docs say starting at 1:30 pm with 30 minutes prior as the earliest but is that the best time? I would rather not be there when everyone else arrives and also not be late.

Thanks again for your help.

Will we be able to watch any of the Big Dance on the ship? (but then again if Xavier beats Ohio St I'm out of it anyway :eek: )

Are you related to my hubby? I wanted to take a trip up to Gatlinburg this weekend to see our son who is in college over there (ok and shop at the factory outlets for my cruise on the Fantasy April 21)-and my hubby said he didn't want to go because of the NCAA games on this weekend.

Must be a man thing-I like BB as much as the next person but seeing my son who I haven't seen since Xmas holidays and shopping for my cruise is surely more important!!

We always get there between 11:30-12 and have been on the ship by 12:30

Well, we requested late seating and now I am having second thoughts. Our room is upper AFT and I have a feeling we will get stuck with the 8:30 seating, would have preferred the 8:00. And thats even if they honor our request at all.

Do you think the 8:30 seating is too late for a 14 and 9 (almost 10) year olds? I was thinking this would give us more time to enjoy the day without having to rush back to the room to get ready. Figure by the time we finish it will be at least 9:30, maybe later? Will we miss the shows? I am sooo confused.

Anyone been there done that?

Sorry....I wasn't thinking embarkation at all! We usually get there at 11AM and we're no where near the first ones on the ship. Both times in February that we embarked from NOLA, there was quite a line by the time we got inside the terminal and to the check in counters (around 11:20-11:30) I would recommend either getting there as early as possible or getting there late.

We always prefer 8pm dining also but got 8:30 last two times. It might be kind of late but there's always pizza and burgers earlier if they can't hold out! If you are on the 5 day sailing going to Costa Maya, I would recommend the late seating for sure. You're in port from 12-8. Usually it's closer to 10 when you finish and they have a show for the late seating that starts at 10:45PM. There is one night (first one I think) that there is only one show but it starts right after late seating dinner is finished. There may, however, be some kids/teen things that they would miss.

Sorry....I wasn't thinking embarkation at all! We usually get there at 11AM and we're no where near the first ones on the ship. Both times in February that we embarked from NOLA, there was quite a line by the time we got inside the terminal and to the check in counters (around 11:20-11:30) I would recommend either getting there as early as possible or getting there late.

I was trying to remember what time we got there. I think it was about 10:30 when we left the hotel, so I'm sure we were there before 11. We were on the ship by 11:30.

(Lezlee, I sent you an e-mail last week--did you get it?)

Jeri

My friend and I will be leaving on the Fantasy a week from today! WOOHOO!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I do have a question for those who have recently sailed on the Fantasy. Is there an outstanding wait team that you can recommend?? On our last Conquest cruise, my DH and I enjoyed our wait team so much that we requested them at breakfast and lunch, too. So I thought I'd ask if there are any teams on the Fantasy that you liked that well? Thanks!

Since we couldn't find a decent motel room for the Friday night before we sail Sat. (some big convention in town that weekend), we elected to drive down to Baton Rouge Friday and spend the night there. We will be able to arrive at the cruise terminal as early as they will allow us to check in Sat. morning, and we'd like to board the ship as early as possible. We have a cat. 11, so we will have VIP check in. Since we will be in my own vehicle, we will park it in the cruise terminal garage. Given this info, what time should we plan to arrive at the terminal? Also, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from I-10 in Baton Rouge to the terminal? Mapquest says it's 73 miles and one hour, 15 minutes, but I suspect it will take longer than that. I assume it will be slow going once we leave I-10 in NOLA. This will be my first time to go to the terminal. It's been 35 years since I've been to that area of NOLA, and I live in north Louisiana! :eek:

Any recent capers for the Mon.-Sat. cruise?

We like to late sitting as well, have a DD 11 and it's never been a problem for her. We like to get as much time as possible outside during daytime hours. If you could see the capers for your childs age group there might be some activites that will happen while you are at the late sitting. To be honest my DD hasn't been that interested in the activites for her age group, since you can't move up she usually doesn't do many the actitives.

There are copies of Fantasy Capers on Webshots.com, cant really make them out though. My boys are the same way, (would that be DS's? I am clueless as to what DD, DH stands for, I figure daughter and husband, but whats that first D stand for:rolleyes: , having a blond moment! which I have quite frequently BTW, LOL), they dont get much involved with camp carnival, but weve only cruised once before with them and that was several years ago, we will see what happens this time. They are 14 and 9, almost 10.

Grits - we had terrible waiters last time so can't make any recommendations there. We even switched tables and got one that was worse than the first.

Beach - DD, DS, DH - first D stands for Dear or Darling or if you're mad at them....Dam*n Daughter, Son, Husband etc. You'll also see OP - original poster, OBC - on board credit, FTLOG - For the love of God, ROFLMAO - rolling on the floor laughing my A** off or just plain LMAO.

From the time you get off I-10, the distance to the port is only about 5 min. HOWEVER, sometimes the traffic can be terrible. Once, we drove right to the garage, other times we've been stuck in traffic for an hour right at the port. If you are going when the Grandeur is also boarding (Sat. departures), expect that the traffic could be stopped. I thought it was so STUPID at the port last month when they had only ONE security guy stopping each vehicle and asking what ship. He wasn't doing anything except holding up traffic. The earliest I would try to get to the garage would be about 10:30am.

I have capers from the 5 day sailing. If I can get to it, I'll scan them in tomorrow if someone wants to see them. I don't have Camp Carnival capers though.

Only Rhapsody of the Seas and Fantasy will be in Cozumel on 5/22 for our 5/19/07 cruise. So I guess we will be docked by Carlos and Charlie's!! :D No tendering!

And the Fantasy is the only ship in Costa Maya the day before......

So we are good to go!

Kathy

Hey yall! I was wondering if the men HAVE to wear a tux for formal night? Will a nice suit do? How formal do we have to dress. I am pregnant and I do not want to spend alot of money on something I will wear once.

Also, is this dinner long and drawn out? We have a toddler that doesnt sit still for long periods of time.

Thanks!

Tiffany

Check out www.webshots.com for Fantasy 5 day capers, just do a search, "Carnival Fantasy Capers".

Kyleesmom, no, DH doesnt need a tux for formal night, my DH had a suit last time and I wore a formal gown, but this time I am just plannning on a pretty dress. As far as the toddler, yes, dinner usuallly lasts at least an hour or more, but see how long the toddler lasts, you can always skip dessert if you HAVE to, but hopefully you wont. :)

Not sure about the swim diapers, DD is 11! Our last cruise someone brought a small blow up pool for their toddler. I didn't see anyone say anything to them, they were back with it later in the week.

A tux is not required at all, I have seen many men with just a shirt and tie. Search e-bay and consignment stores for your formal wear, like you said your are just wearing once.

Archived