Cruise Value Center & Promo Credits

jplewis

WE booked a 12 day European cruise with CVC online for Oct. 19th. I have emailed them twice with regards to the credit for Mariners that so many are receiving. I can understand if we aren't eligible BUT they haven't even answered. Sent first one last SAt. the 24th and another asking for some kind of reply on Thurs. the 29th.
I am looking at booking a cruise for a small family reunion with 4 to 5 cabins and this sure makes me hesitate to use them again.
I'm happy for those of you who have received the credit - just would like to know someone at CVC is paying attention.

Patsy

I had good luck with them by calling them. I had called concerning a credit for paying with my platinum card (I won't get the credit until I pay in full). Call their 800 number, tell the person who answers the phone what your problem is and ask for help. It is possible that the travel agent who booked your business is no longer with them. They seem to have a lot of turnover.

I spoke with someone named Deena. She was not an agent, but someone who handled problems. She was very responsive.

Roberta

I have been trying for 4 weeks to get a credit. The offer was e-mailed directly to me from HAL but there was no "conditional language" that I had to book through HAL & I had already booked with CVC. I call my agent 2-3 times a week for a status report. It has been sent to his manager, she is waiting for a return call from HAL, the pigs have not sprouted wings yet, blah, blah blah... Meanwhile, I'm afraid I'll miss out on some of the other deals (namely 7031, 7032). I decided this weekend to throw out these other options to my TA at CVC to see if anything will work. Unfortunately he wasn't in yesterday, I'll try today (he doesn't return voice mail). The price is good with CVC but the help hasn't been. Next time I think I'll try Sue's Mom's TA!!

We booked with CVC for our upcoming Westerdam cruise in January. I e-mailed them regarding promo 267 ($50 pp shipboard credit). Received a response within a day that they called HAL and had it applied. We've used CVC in the past and have never experienced any problems.

Hope you can get this straightened out!

Thanks all, we don't have the name of the agent we dealt with so guess we would have to just talk to anyone. We also booked with a platinum card and don't know anything about a credit for that. I had read about it somewhere but didn't know if it applied when booking at a discount rate.
We may have to try "Sue's Mom's" Agent also.
Patsy

jplewis

I had originally booked directly with HAL. When I knew about the platinum card credit, which the HAL rep told me about, I found a terrific price on CVC. I asked if they would give me the credit before I booked and they said that they would - that it would be given once final payment was made.

I suggest you call HAL, ask if the American Express Platinum Card promo is applicable to your cruise. If it is, call CVC and tell them to get a tracking number from American Express Platinum Travel Service. I think the deal is a $300 shipboard credit for a suite or a two class upgrade for balcony staterooms or other categories. It also includes a welcome bottle of champagne, and dinner the first night in the Pinnacle Grill.

I did check with CVC and was told that no other promotions can be combined with the platinum card promotion.

Roberta

Archived