We are leaving out of Miami any suggestions for hotels pre and post cruise?

waterlogged26

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami when we cruised in January. The price was reasonable, the rooms were clean (nothing spectacular), and it is the closest hotel to the port. There is also ample shopping and restaurants right across the street from the hotel.

We stayed in South Beach with our teens. It was alot of fun. A great sidewalk along the beach and a great beach. Lincoln Ave is really fun to walk to, lots of shops and outdoor cafes. We stayed at the Doubletree Surfcomber. The rooms are small but we used our honors points, so the price was right. The next day we took a cab to the port. I think we left around 11 or 11:30 and had no problems. :)

My husband and I have stayed both in South Beach and at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. Personally, we much prefer the Holiday Inn. We drive to port (yes, from PA!), so we appreciate how close it is to the port area. Plus, we absolutely love the Bayside Marketplace right accross the street. There is plenty of shopping and excellent places to eat - all within walking distance. The price of the hotel is average and the rooms are nice. Nothing overly spectacular, but clean and roomy which is all we ask for since we only stay one night. Service was great, in room check out, and decent dining all made for great experiences. I would definitely recommend it!!:)

Thanks for the help. We booked at the Holiday Inn for the Pre Cruise because of the great reviews for The Bayside Marketplace. Then we decided on The Beacon in South Beach for the post cruise. It was hard looking at all the reviews for hotels. One Cruise Critic mentioned that many people will complain and few will compliment. That helped a ton!! Thanks again!

Archived