Upgrade Question?

crittermum

Oh my goodness!

For our Pride 3/18 sailing. I would appreciate your opinions. I posted this in our Roll Call but I thought I might get a quicker response here.

I just got of the phone with my online TA. Carnival wants to offer us an upgrade! I am so excited, BUT!!!! Right now we have the girls (18 yrs) in the cabin right next to us. The upgrade would be to Deck 6 (Empress) and we are on Deck 8. I do not know what to do. MY DH says "Do It!"

Do any of you want to give up a Deck 6 Balcony for a Deck 8 extended balcony (it is really big) Cabin #8239? I may be able to work you a deal!:D

I just do not know if it is wise having them 2 decks away. I felt so safe about the room next door. Teenagers............:eek:

:o crittermum

For some reason I was under the impression that you had to be on the same deck with teens. We booked a room for our boys and they wouldn't even let us get too far down the hall from them. :( I would go for the upgrade though if they are going to let you do it. It sounds great!

Wait - I'm confused.

How is a balcony an upgrade from an extended balcony, and how is a lower deck an upgrade from a higher deck?

Oh, wait - they're upgrading you to a suite from an extended balcony and you're telling someone else to upgrade from a regular balcony to an extended?

Whoops, sorry I was so confusing.:confused:

I was offering my girls extended balcony as an upgrade to someone out their for a just balcony for them on Deck 6.

It is a upgrade for us because we were upgraded to a Penthouse Suite (even though it is 2 Decks lower... I think it is a good upgrade. Is it?

Carnival is working on finding someone to take the upgrade to the girls room. Wish me luck! I really don't think I could be 2 floors away. There would be NO PEACE OF MIND!

I'd take the upgrade except I wonder if Carnival's left hand knows what the right hand is doing. Their policy is that anyone not accompanied by someone 25 or older in their room, has to be adjacent or directly accross the hall from an adult(parent). The exception is married couples 21 and older. We tried to no avail to get rooms for our teens that weren't either adjacent or directly across the hall. They wouldn't even book the kids across the hall and one door down. If they let you do it, then I'd do it. But, I'd be prepared to have them take back the upgrade once they realize that they'd be breaking their own strickly enforced policy.

I made it very clear to them that the 2, 18 year olds will in the one cabin and DH and I in the other.

I think that is why they are trying to find someone to switch with our cabin we have the girls in. Although they did seem willing to do it regardless and you are probably correct, we'd get there and they'd say NO WAY!

The problem seems to be there is a large group on this cruise that has a lot of the cabins on deck 6. If I understood correctly, with a group booking they won't call them and ask for the switch?!?! Not sure why.

I am just waiting it out and hoping for the best! The upgrade (cat 12) looks so nice on the Carnival website photo!

Thanks so much for all of your responses. You people are terrific!

Yes that is how we are booked as it stands. I am the main person in one cabin and my DH for the other it.

We planned on going to the Pursers Desk once on board and getting it worked out properly so the S&S cards would be correct. I've read on these boards you can do that no problem.:cool:

Yes that is how we are booked as it stands. I am the main person in one cabin and my DH for the other it.

We planned on going to the Pursers Desk once on board and getting it worked out properly so the S&S cards would be correct. I've read on these boards you can do that no problem.:cool:

If that's the case, go for it!

Wow!

Just got a call from TA. Carnival found someone to take our second cabin. DD will be 9 doors down from our Penthouse Suite! Their balcony is going to be smaller, but they will never know the difference. I have a feeling our Cat 12 will be a huge difference.

I am so happy with Carnival right now. We have never sailed with them before but we've done several cruises. We have not only never received an upgrade but have really never gotten any type of a bargain. I am not someone who has luck like this!

I am thankful!:p

Archived