Booking Question

crazy4bears

I received a letter from Carnival today giving me a 15% discount on a cruise as long as I book within the next 18 months. I immediately called my TA and asked her if she would accept the letter and she told me she would have to read it first. Then she suggested that I book directly with Carnival. I was speechless. So I told her I would get back with her. So now what do I do. Find another TA or call Carnival and book direct with them. Any feed back would be appreciated.

Either........how rude of that TA....I'd find another or book direct.....However, the letters are a little pain.....Even thought the letter is FROM Carnival.....they want to see a copy of it and the way I've done it is send a copy certified to them AND fax it to them and never had a problem...Good luck.

The reason your T/A would not commit to the 15% discount is that she already discounts your price by reducing her commission. So with the T/A you're not paying full price anyway. When you book with a Carnival PVP, they will discount the full fare.

What I would do is get a price from Carnival with the 15% discount, then have your T/A give you her discounted price. If she is just a few dollars more than the discount, ask her to match the discounted price. If she is lower than the discounted price, you'll get an idea that the 15% discount isn't all it's cracked up to be.

You have obviously used this TA before, and THIS is the service she's giving you now.....book w/Carnival? Please don't do her the favor of using her in the future.

I always book w/Carnival PVP, and I've used the 15% coupon, and still gotten later rate reductions and/or shipboard credits. Just because you get one 'deal' doesn't meant you can't get several on one cruise. Just be diligent.

How or who gets the " 15% off letter" ?

It's Carnival's way of compensating you if you wrote to them about a particular problem on your last cruise. Nobody can figure out how the percentages are figured out. Some will get a 10% discount, others 15%.

Hmmm. I never wrote a letter of complaint or otherwise to Carnival. One day, out fo the blue - there it was in the mail. I thought it was just another promo, BUT the letter said "You are a valued Carnival guest. Please use this 15% coupon on your next booking."....something like that, anyway. This was a coupla years ago.

I received the letter because I wrote Carnival and suggested that for the handicap cruisers they make one of their pools handicap accessible by installing a lift. They thanked me for my suggestion and sent me this letter. They also told me to call them 45 days before next departure date which I will. Was planning on trying Princesss but will book with Carnival instead.

Archived