Work this one out

haggis

Considering we've all had horrendous flights getting to various medium sized ships in the Caribbean, be it Brittania, Thomsonfly, Thomas Cook or others from all UK airports, but in my case, particularly Gatwick. What, in your opinion, will happen when Ventura and her as yet un-named sister ship start using Barbados during the winter months. There is no doubt these ships will be used as they would, in my opinion, be unsuitable for the round the world voyages.

Jimmy

Yes - it was something my husband and I had been talking about. It will be an awful lot of planes needed and I guess added confusion at the airports and transfers at the other end. Our guess too, is that Ventura will end up in the Caribbean for a lot of the year and probably the Med for the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

As our friends Carnival own P&O I imagine they will have the Ventura et al stuck in the Carribean for the Summer seasons charging God only knows what to attract the "Brits" whilst practically giving away cruises on their own ships.

As an example of variable rates for Carnival owned ships, we are looking at Holland America for an October sailing in the Western Carribean, an o/s cabin for $650 (£350) for 1 week plus airfare. Try and get a similar quality cruise out of a UK port. Carnival revealed increased profits for last quarter in all areas but the carribean , here they lost money, they are slashing prices.

Finally all thesse large ships coming on stream means very high capacity levels , who is going to fill them? There are only so many places you can go in an "aircraft carrier". Think of all the poor beggars trying to get on and off via the ships tenders, the mind boggles.

Considering we've all had horrendous flights getting to various medium sized ships in the Caribbean, be it Brittania, Thomsonfly, Thomas Cook or others from all UK airports, but in my case, particularly Gatwick. What, in your opinion, will happen when Ventura and her as yet un-named sister ship start using Barbados during the winter months. There is no doubt these ships will be used as they would, in my opinion, be unsuitable for the round the world voyages.

Jimmy

Well we have seen how they are to cope, they will use fewer aircraft, very clever. They will simply have an overnight between each cruise which gives them 2 days to move 3000 people or 1500 per day. you can choose to have your night in Barbados at the beginning or the end of your cruise.

A very cunning plan.:rolleyes:

With regard to more capacity, It has not been reached yet when more and more ships are being built.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Just back from 3 weeks away and have now read the Ventura booklet. As you say Dai, a clever move using two days to get everyone to the ship in Barbados and back. I was hoping, what an optimist, that Pando would have taken this opportunity to at last change their charter companies but I see that this is not to be. Lets hope that all goes well.

Jimmy

Archived