Celebrity Shares

MonicaL

Basically, the benefits are:

1) The stock has paid quarterly dividends every quarter for a long time now ( I don't think that they have ever missed a quarter, but please don't quote me on that). It isn't a huge return, but it is a return.

2) If you own a minimum of 100 shares, the owner of record will receive an on board cabin credit as follows:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Not a bad benefit, has essentially the net result of an untaxed, non reportable dividend.

Hope that helps. There is more information here:

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=rcl&script=100&layout=9

Own 100 shares (actually RCCL stock) and get up to $250 per cabin based on length of cruise. 14 nights will get you $250, 5 nights will get you $50, with various other amounts in the middle. I just got $200 on an 11 nighter. You must own the stock at time of sailing and supply a form to X's office prior to sailing along with a brokerage statement. Pretty Easy.

There's always the posibility as it's voted on each year but so far it's been renewed.

It's one credit per cabin.

I recently asked about something I saw on here that I thought was kind of 'scammish'. Husband and wife owned the 100 shares jointly and were planning to book two cabins and get the credit on each cabin. Second cabin was for a child or friends or something. Anyway, I was told that violated 'the spirit' and was not allowed. Hopefully, if we can keep people on the up and up with this great benefit, it will continue.

Next cruise in April we will go on board with $600 shipboard credit. $200 for booking while on board, $250 for RCL stock, and $150 for Celebrity AMX credit card reward points. Not a bad deal.

Thanks to an earlier thread on this subject, I e-mailed my info such as Name, reservation ID#, ship, sail date, etc., along with a scanned .jpg file of my shareholder confirmation to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com.

I sent this yesterday and received a reply today from Linda Buchanan confirming they added the onboard credit to my next two booking numbers for March & September. I am pretty impressed with their quick action and reply. A fax would get the same job done but I just found it easier to send the e-mail with scanned file attachment.:)

The form isn't on Celebrity's website - the stock is Royal Caribbean and is on their site (Celebrity is owned by Royal Caribbean). You can get to it from Celebrity's website by clicking on "About Celebrity" at the bottom of the home page. Then click on "Investor Relations" in the sidebar menu. That will take you to the investor relations site on Royal Caribbean. Then click on "Shareholder Benefit" on the top menu bar and click on "Shareholder Discount" on the drop down menu.

Thanks to an earlier thread on this subject, I e-mailed my info such as Name, reservation ID#, ship, sail date, etc., along with a scanned .jpg file of my shareholder confirmation to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com.

I sent this yesterday and received a reply today from Linda Buchanan confirming they added the onboard credit to my next two booking numbers for March & September. I am pretty impressed with their quick action and reply. A fax would get the same job done but I just found it easier to send the e-mail with scanned file attachment.:)

Hi Lynn !

I am glad to hear it was an easy process for you. It always works well for us. Linda Buchanan does a great job of taking care of this !

I did the same thing Lynn and got a VERY quick response from Ms. Buchanan. My statement is in Adobe Acrobat and I attached that and it was fine! I followed up and asked her why I don't see it on my Celebrity website and she said that it won't show up until we are on board. So just in case you look there, it won't be posted. I hope it'll show up on the ship!!! 250 dollars not a small chunk of change, Martini's here we come! :D

I noticed it appeared to expire May 1, 07. Do they typically renew year to year or is there some possibility it will be eliminated May 1st?

I am also just learning about this perk. In another thread, it was pointed out that the program does expire May 1st. Evidently, this perk is at the discretion of the Board of Directors, and the Board has a long history of extending this perk one year at a time.

I did the same thing Lynn and got a VERY quick response from Ms. Buchanan. My statement is in Adobe Acrobat and I attached that and it was fine! I followed up and asked her why I don't see it on my Celebrity website and she said that it won't show up until we are on board. So just in case you look there, it won't be posted. I hope it'll show up on the ship!!! 250 dollars not a small chunk of change, Martini's here we come! :D

I have received over a $1000 in shareholder benefits

since early 2004. A great perk.

By the way, there has never been a cruise it has not shown up on. However it usually will not appear on your tv screens shipboard acccount until day 3 or so.

As a safety net, I always take a copy of what I sent Investor Relations. I was told aboard one time that if the credit doesn't post, just show the customer service desk your documentation.

I tried to find the form on the X site....having a difficult time locating it. Could you please tell me how to find it?

Hi Grace,

You can get the form as Hajekfam says but you don’t really need it if you just e-mail all info and a copy of your shareholder confirmation as I mentioned above. It was so easy!

Hi Lynn !

I am glad to hear it was an easy process for you. It always works well for us. Linda Buchanan does a great job of taking care of this !

Hi Andy,

Yeah, I was amazed at how easy it was & how quickly Linda took care of the request.

I did the same thing Lynn and got a VERY quick response from Ms. Buchanan. My statement is in Adobe Acrobat and I attached that and it was fine! I followed up and asked her why I don't see it on my Celebrity website and she said that it won't show up until we are on board. So just in case you look there, it won't be posted. I hope it'll show up on the ship!!! 250 dollars not a small chunk of change, Martini's here we come!

Hi Sexyaznboy,

My best buddy just had his first experience with the shareholder credit & confirmed it didn’t show up on his ship board account until the 3rd or 4th day. Based on your countdown clock I understand we will be in Acapulco on the same day, April 4th, though Summit will be docked and the Infinity will be tendered.

I HAVE had the credit not show up, even after receiving the confirmation. But I've used it 34 times in 39 months!:) (I found out about this perk after my first X cruise and bought the stock before my second) I used to always carry a statement with me but now it's all in the laptop so last time it happened, I just took the laptop down to GR and they made a copy and sent it to Miami. It was on my account in an hour.

If you also have onboard booking credits, they will both show up on your account on the same day. And BTW, I found out about this perk on my first X cruise and have used it since. Just goes to prove, if there is free money laying around, I'm going to use it!!!:)

Anyone know what happened to Tensi?

Archived