The Upgrade Fairy visited my booking!

dantc

I just noticed that my interior 4A on the Conquest was bumped up to at least a 5A outside, yay! The funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago when I wanted to bump (and pay) to that cat, it wasn't available online or via PVP. Okay, I tried to give ya money Carnival, but I'll gladly take it for free! :D

Congrats on the "free" upgrade. Sometimes when is gets just past due date for final payment many people decide not to go. Hence empty rooms now. Upgrade faily works then they put your old cabin up for sale.

Ahh, this all makes sense now. I've become so addicted to cruising it never really occurred to me that people would start a booking and then not go. :) Thanks for the info, CaptData.

Dan, Lucky you!! We are 4A IS Guarantee(Quad room) and we are hoping for a Magical Upgrade Fairy to visit us too. We will be on the new Valor, so it might not happen!! I do not think you mentioned when you are going!! Have a great cruise!!!

Our family of four got an upgrade from Balcony guarantee all the way to a Suite, Category 12 on the Empress Deck of Carnival Conquest for a September sailing! :D

Has anyone ever stayed in a Suite? What other perks/amenities are there?

Beth-

Were you notified in advance of your sailing that you were upgraded or did you find out at the pier? I'm sailing on the Victory on 8/14 and I'm hoping for an upgrade but wondering when I might find out.

Pardon my ignorance, but do they just decide to upgrade for anyone, do you need to request it? How does this work?

I'm booked under a guaranteed room.

Thanks and congrats on your upgrades. Sounds great!

Sun: Did you get your documents yet? if so the cabin number will be located on the back page of your sign and sail page. Look for a long number that starts with your booking number. The cabin assignment will be there. Unless its still in garantee status you will see GTEE or TBA.

Archived