Jolly Pirates in Aruba?

Anyone take this excursion in Aruba? It sounds great but we'd like to know how easy it is to get in and out of the water. The last time we did a snorkeling cruise, it was on a pretty old boat and they used a "pool" ladder over the side of the boat but it didn't come close to touching the water. Not a problem until you tried to get back into the boat and could not reach the top rung of the ladder. I've got a bad back, but love to swim and snorkel. I see that some of the catamarans have staircase/steps that go into the water at a nice angle and even have hand-rails. I'm hoping the Jolly Pirates schooners have a similar set-up, but can any of you tell me about your experiences? Thanks!

We did the Jolly Pirates in Aruba and had lots of fun. The ladder is very safe and the "pirates" help you into the water and back onto the ship. The day we were there, there were a lot of waves and the water was murky but still fun. The swing was great fun also.

One person in our group got his excursion with the Jolly Pirates on their website and paid less, had more time, and included lunch. You might try that also.

Sandy

We did the Jolly Pirates in Aruba and had lots of fun. The ladder is very safe and the "pirates" help you into the water and back onto the ship. The day we were there, there were a lot of waves and the water was murky but still fun. The swing was great fun also.

One person in our group got his excursion with the Jolly Pirates on their website and paid less, had more time, and included lunch. You might try that also.

Sandy

Sandel - I got an email from Jolly Pirates and they described the ladder on their schooners "as steps that are at an incline like a stair case." Does this sound accurate - are they more like a staircase than a ladder? With my bad back, I would have a problem with a ladder, but if it's more like a staircase I'd be ok.

We also did Jolly Pirates on our last trip to Aruba in April and I would highly recommend them. It was a great time, fun crew, great snorkeling over the shipwreck Antilla, and a great price.

I don't remember the specifics of the ladder but I don't recall anything strenuous.

Everyone loved walking the plank and the rope swing.

Anyone take this excursion in Aruba? ]

We just got off the adventure and did the joly pirate last tuesday

there was a lot of wind and made snorkling hard.

could not say if i would go back. Did not find it very fun. there was hardly no music. out of the three snorkling sites we only did 2 because of the waves.

Last year we did the joly rogers in barbados and that was great.

Anyone take this excursion in Aruba? It sounds great but we'd like to know how easy it is to get in and out of the water. The last time we did a snorkeling cruise, it was on a pretty old boat and they used a "pool" ladder over the side of the boat but it didn't come close to touching the water. Not a problem until you tried to get back into the boat and could not reach the top rung of the ladder. I've got a bad back, but love to swim and snorkel. I see that some of the catamarans have staircase/steps that go into the water at a nice angle and even have hand-rails. I'm hoping the Jolly Pirates schooners have a similar set-up, but can any of you tell me about your experiences? Thanks!

I went on this a couple years ago. I thought they had more of a ladder than steps like a staircase. I thought this excursion was just ok....the boat is very crowded, and nothing special. I do think it's a good price, and the three snorkeling stops are excellent. The last snorkeling stop the water is very rough.

Aruba is my home away from home. I have been there 20 times in the past 7 years. I have never heard anything but GREAT things about the Jolly Pirates.

The crew is fabulous...award winning actually!!!

I am sure you will have a fabulous time!

We went on the Jolly Pirates excursion in December and it was great. I definitely recommend it.

Their ladder was angled like stairs... I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to climb out. The crew is also there to help you out... I would have welcomed the help had they had an old style ladder, but with the one they had I was able to get out easily on my own.

Archived