Dolphin adventure & 5 year old?

Spaceytracey72

My daughter is five and really wants to swim with the dolphins. I want to do this, too, so I am paying for us both. Do you think they will allow us to go in together? I am sure she won't go into the water without me, but she really wants to do this! Any help?

which location are you doing it at?

I have gone to the one in Cozumel and it was great. They had a whole group of us go at once. We stood on this little step in a row. The dolphine came by the group and you could pet her. They did have us swim out individually with the dolphine a few times I believe. We had a 7 year old with us her mom was required to be in the group but when it was her turn she did have to go out by herself. (I am not sure what the rules are but I never saw any parents swim out with their child) I did notice on their site now the age requirement is 8 years old and 4 feet. It's been about 3 or 4 years since I went so I am sure some things have changed.

It was neat but we also did the sealion thing there and let me tell you... the7 year old and a 11 year old said they actually had more fun swimming with the sealion then the dolphine. You got more interaction it felt like, and the whole experiance was awesome. I now have a DS almost 1 and when he is old enough I am definently taking him to swim with the sealion. (only another 7 more year to go LOL)

Have a great time

Yes I would like to know what location. I've done the one in the Bahamas three times (2x in Nassau, 1x in Freeport). I've taken my 2 year old and my 6 year old. They do let you go in with you child. And you can hold her if she gets scared. We held my 6 year old cause the water was too deep for her.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Dolphin Encounter through the ship when we went to the Bahamas. We did has to pay for DS and he was 3 at the time. He liked it until the dolphins splashed him and after that he didn't want too much to do with them :) I was holding him pretty much the whole time. It was a great experience and we got tons of pictures.

At least in the Bahamas EVERYONE who goes must pay. You board a bus then a boat and get transported to the excursion. You would have to get into the water with any child who is shorter and would need to be held. My daughter (then 6 and 46" tall) was too short to stand in the water herself.

You stand on a shelf in a swimming pool built on the water. The dolphins swim up to the shelf to meet you. The dolphins can swim in and our of the swimming pool. But you must stay in one place.

Archived