anyone with pics or stays in Cabin 6104 Volendam

LHC

DS and I had one cabin assignment now my DD wants to join us so we have been moved to the C Category 6104 cabin on the Volendam. Anyone with experience in this cabin?

Thoughts about it?

Pictures of it?

Thanks,

Linda

Did you have an extra plug for charging your chair? Or if yours is not electric, did you notice an extra three prong plug in these rooms?

Linda

There is only one outlet for 2 plugs. It's located by the desk. You might want to get a plug that will make 1 plug into several. Also, I needed an extension cord so that I could leave my chair by the bed while it was charging in case I needed to get up during the night. The ship did not have either so I've learned to carry my own.

DH and I stayed in it.

We brought along a power strip/extension cord so we would have enough outlets. I recall only one outlet, as someone indicated, by the desk.

While the room is considered an oceanview, there is a public staircase up against the window. It is seldom used, but we did see people pass by from time to time. It really obstructs any view from the room, and I think it should be designated an obstructed view room.

It is very spacious. DH is in a powerchair, and he had ample room to maneuver in the cabin and in the bathroom.

However, he found the fold-down seat in the shower to be too flimsy -- it nearly collapsed under him. [He is no lightweight!]

They brought in a portable shower seat for him.

I have some pictures of the room I could e-mail you when I have a chance.

Thanks for the information. I normally take a power strip but I would not have remember the extension cord (three prong) for his charging unit. Thanks for the update.

LHC

One cool thing about the cabin's location -- there is a deck forward of it.

You just go out the cabin door, hang a left and go around the corner.

The deck is seldom used. I stood on it as we left port in St. Thomas, and what a view!!!

We were maneuvering around the Norwegian Dawn [we were the middle of 3 ships docked at Havenight.]

I got some great photos.

Not another soul on that deck.

Maybe a quiet spot to start the day with God. As a full time caregiver and RN, I need the respite early each day. Thanks for the heads up about the spot.

Linda

Archived