Hotels in New Orleans

mlpreston

We're spending a night in New Orleans before departing on our cruise. My question to those who've done this also is what hotels are inexpensive in/near the French Quarter and how easy/cheap is it to get around to the French Quarter (street cars or cabs).

I'd like to be as close the French Quarter as possible as we want to do sightseeing there.

When we sailed the Sensation out of NOLA we stayed at the Ramada Inn right on Bourbon St. It was in a great location, they had security to keep the drunks & others out, and the rooms were nice. It was around $139 a night I think.

Go online you can find all kinds of deals for hotels in the french quarter.

We got a deal for june at the Monteleon for 99/nite. Others going that weekend got better prices at other great hotels.

When we were there in january we all stayed at the Holiday Inn on Royal.

When we sailed the Sensation out of NOLA we stayed at the Ramada Inn right on Bourbon St. It was in a great location, they had security to keep the drunks & others out, and the rooms were nice. It was around $139 a night I think.

It's called Ramada Inn on Bourbon. Great location. Hotel St Marie is right around the corner on Toulouse St & also a good place to stay. The fFench Quarter is a walking area. Street cars are $1.50...I think. Lots of Nola info listed over in the Gulf Coast Ports section of the board.

WE got a deal on price line for the Marriot, 99 bucks. We will be staying there for our April cruise. The last time we went to NO on vacation we stayed at the Fairmont, beautiful hotel! and close enough to walk to all the attractions, French Market, took the bus down to the river walk, just 5 minutes.

I stayed at the Country Inn on Magazine Street ... within easy walking distance of Bourbon Street, Riverwalk, etc. I booked it at a set price through Priceline for $69/night (which was cheaper than the Country Inn website). It includes a very nice breakfast and warm cookies at the front desk. :)

I stayed at the Country Inn on Magazine Street ... within easy walking distance of Bourbon Street, Riverwalk, etc. I booked it at a set price through Priceline for $69/night (which was cheaper than the Country Inn website). It includes a very nice breakfast and warm cookies at the front desk. :)

Thanks for this info Bob,

We are booked there for June before we leave.

Archived