Rome airport to Civitavecchia By HAL bus

rick h

We have used HAL's bus to/from Rome and it was very convenient and provided us with peace of mind.

Italy's trains are notoriously undependable; they strike with no notice. Schedules are not always reliable.

We almost always arrange our own transportation but that is one port where we prefer to use HAL's.

Civitavecchia is a fair distance outside Rome and Rome is such a huge, busy city that we liked the security of being on HAL's bus knowing if we were dealyed, the ship would wait.

WoW ! I am quoting the transfer rates we were provided and as posted on the HAL website. Did I misunderstand?
Well, now that I think about it maybe that wasn't a round trip price. Ours was a "Diamond Vacation" group of about 30 people, and had a few extra things like a pre-cruise night and dinner in Rome, a private tour in Tunisia, etc. Going into Rome from the airport there were quite a few people on the bus that were not part of that group and were dropped off a several different hotels. The next day we had a guided tour of the Vatican and then headed for the ship, so on that bus there were only our group of 30. So MAYBE the $80 pp we paid was only for the ride into Rome on a "standard" HAL transfer, and the ride out the next day was included in the package? :confused: I had thought the $80 pp was a fair r.t. price, and it never occurred to me that it might have just been one-way. :p

Archived