Flight from San Diego

csk

We are on the Radiance in April roundtrip from San Diego, I know the airport is only 5 minutes away, can we make a 9am flight, ship arrives at 7, we will use the express off, and get a cab, know it is tight, but if not we will have to spend the night in San Diego, and after two weeks we are ready to go home. Please dont "boo" me, know you should not make flight before noon, but I have already been off the ship and in my car by 6:30 am in Miami.

Boo Boo, just kidding.

We are on the same cruise as you. Last year we did the panama cruise which ended in San Diego. We didn't get off the ship untill 11:15am. Customs wouldn't let anyone off untill all the non us cruisers reported. Luckey for us we had a 1:30pm flight. There was also a big line to go through security at the airport. I would try for a later flight.

The ships personnel will be notified of your early flight. To be sure go to the Pursers desk the first or second day and tell them that you have to be one of the first off the ship due to your flight time. In fact, in the paper you receive every night you will find something to the fact of early flights do this etc. (not sure of correct wording). Although 9:00 is early I wouldn't change my flight plans. Good luck!!

I understand your predicament but I wouldn't do it...........what is one more night? If you miss your flight you are going to have to spend the night anyway apprently..........take the stress out........enjoy San Diego. If the ship is delayed for any reason......you probably won't make it.

Good luck

Archived