Searching for Passengers left @ Port

cdnprincess

And here, again is one place where Carnival drops the ball and catches us in all these legal loopholes....

(btw mrdood, have you had your luggage replaced yet:rolleyes:)

Just Great!

Good one:) Thanks to mrdood's sad experience I knew enough to get a letter from the purser on the glory while on the cruise - sent it and repair quote to carnival for refund.

That's whats great about these boards- learning vicariously

I think the decision to wait for the Delta flight was what did the rest of you in. Whose made that decision? If Delta passengers couldn't get on the bus until 3:30' date=' other arrangements should have been made for them. It was foolish to make those that arrived on time wait so long for those that did not arrive on time to the point will ALL missed the boat!:mad:

That is where the mess up comes in at. It is a case of Hot potato. Whose fault is it that the people that were not on Delta missed the ship? Not Delta. Not these people's airline. Not Carnival. IMHO, the fault lies with the bus dispatcher.[/quote']

In this case you are wrong Suzin. If Carnival contracted the bus service then it is Carnival who holds the ball on this one. Even if the driver of the bus on his own decided to wait without instruction, he is still under contract and a representative of Carnival cruise lines. Carnival, of course, could countersue the bus lines for reimbursement if the driver screwed up and acted alone. But in this case, the cruise lines owes her for the cruise. NOT the bus lines.

(btw mrdood, have you had your luggage replaced yet:rolleyes:)

:p ...not yet ;) , just a matter of time though, I am patient, evil, and have a long memory, they will pay, oh yes, they will...

Good one:) Thanks to mrdood's sad experience I knew enough to get a letter from the purser on the glory while on the cruise - sent it and repair quote to carnival for refund.

That's whats great about these boards- learning vicariously

...and thus the point of my rant, it did make me feel good, and if anyone else learns, all the better...

This person's experience just goes to show, Carnival does not communicate well with itself, and it's customer services SUPERSUCKS!

...ya listening:confused: We know you troll the boards - FIX IT!!!

cdnprincess, I'm just so sorry this happened to you and I hope you have a satisfactory resolution.

I missed a Princess ship last April and it all worked out - Princess was very good to me (even though it was not their fault). I caught it 3 days later (7 day trip). Long story ....:(

Good luck and let us know what happens.

:p ...not yet ;) , just a matter of time though, I am patient, evil, and have a long memory, they will pay, oh yes, they will...

...and thus the point of my rant, it did make me feel good, and if anyone else learns, all the better...

This person's experience just goes to show, Carnival does not communicate well with itself, and it's customer services SUPERSUCKS!

...ya listening:confused: We know you troll the boards - FIX IT!!!

Ya know, Nick, I hate about your suit case but one thing is certain, if I am ever in court vs. Carnival's customer service I am so calling you to the stand as a expert witness, LOL! You are da man :D

The transfers were purchased at the same time as the cruise Dec. 28th/06. Well ahead I think. We can hear the rep talking to someone on the phone and telling we are 15min out. She told us it was the ship but who knows if that was real. I would assume so, because another rep (there were 4 on the bus) was so upset the ship left she started to cry! I was told that since my transfer ticket was accepted and I was put on the bus by Carnival reps, they had a responsibility to get me there on time, but I can say that all I can and noone is listening.

This is so unreal that this could happen, Im sure it did and thats pretty bad because Carnival reps have comms with the ship. I hope you got the names of the 4 Carnival reps that were on the bus with you to back up your claim. You should also send Bob Dickerson an email along with Guest Relations.

I guess anyone just arriving the airport around 2pm should just get a Cab.

Fred

This is so unreal that this could happen, Im

sure it did and thats pretty bad because Carnival reps have comms with the ship. I hope you got the names of the 4 Carnival reps that were on the bus with you to back up your claim. You should also send Bob Dickerson an email along with Guest Relations.

Fred

And maybe when you write the letter you could include the link to this site so they can read what other carnival cruisers think:D It would be to their advantage to have you come back on these boards and post a positive resolution from carnival. I mean, look at some of the signatures on these posts and see how many are carnival customers

Unfortunately, this is all too true.

What a nightmare for the OP! I hope Carnival does the right thing here. I agree that the OP cut it too close with the flight time, but once they were on the bus that they arranged through Carnival I would have thought they were in the clear. On our Triumph Thanksgiving cruise in 2001, we waited over two hours for some passengers to arrive. Their flights were delayed because of bad weather up north. It was the first time we cruised out of Miami in the dark.

While she cut it close, she was on the bus PRIOR to last departure time. It is in no way her fault the driver waited for the passengers on the other late flight. I could see Carnival not waiting on them, but OP was on the bus in sufficient time, waiting on the bus to proceed to the ship, not the other way around.

You really seem to not like Carnival. I have seen some of your posts and in every one you find something to complain about. By the way i heard that it was an accident that they didn't hold the ship. Plus i think that Carnival should be responsible too!!! Maybe you should call guest relations and ask for a supervisor or write a letter to their research department.

In this day of cell phones and other communication technology - there is NO reason whatsoever for either a. the ship to leave with out your or b. if the ship wasn't going to wait, that any of you ever left the airport. No excuses at all.

Good luck with this one! Keep us posted on your progress!

The OP (and the rest of the bus pax) were in the care and custody of Carnival. There were Carnival employees on the bus doing manual check-in of all the bus pax.

If the bus was held up to await a late flight it would have been done by the Carnival coordinator at the airport not the bus driver.

The OP was at the airport and on the bus before the scheduled departure time.

The airlines aren't to blame, nor is Mears, nor is the OP. This is Carnival's screw up 100%.

This is so unreal that this could happen, Im sure it did and thats pretty bad because Carnival reps have comms with the ship. I hope you got the names of the 4 Carnival reps that were on the bus with you to back up your claim. You should also send Bob Dickerson an email along with Guest Relations.

Fred

If you are going to do this, you might want to send it to Bob Dickinson.:cool:

We learned a valuable lesson the first time we cruised with Carnival. They flew us to Chicago from PVD on the day of our cruise at 6am. Left us there for a few hours and finally just got into Orlando to make the bus . Just made it to the ship with a lil time. On the way back to Chicago again, they left us there for 5 hours late before we left. Now I make my own reservations with the air. It is so much more relaxing. We always go in the day before. Last year the airlines lost our luggage on Friday nite. We got it while we waited in line Saturday at the cruise port. Airlines are so much worse than the cruiseships. They leave you everywhere . Too bad Airlines don't seem to care about people anymore. Last 3 times I flew were awful and got stranded again. You have to fight to get any kind of reimbursements. Just fly in the day before and enjoy yourself. We do that now. So much more relaxing! Don't let one bad trip change your mind. If I did, I never would have found out how much I love the cruises once I get to Florida. I wish I could just flap my arms and be in Florida.

My DH and I are flying out of Toronto this Saturday (only 4 days away) to join the Glory in Orlando. We booked our flight and transfers through Carnival so that we wouldn't have any problems. We are transferring in New York and we are due to land in Orlando at 2 p.m.!! When we received out tickets, I e mailed Carnival (no reply) and I called my TA to express my concern about the tight time line. I was told that Carnival has this all fine tuned and there won't be a problem. Now I am very worried about what might happen. I don't want to miss the ship and have to be flown out to the first port on Monday. This worry is spoiling my anticipation of the trip especially after reading this thread. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated!!

My DH and I are flying out of Toronto this Saturday (only 4 days away) to join the Glory in Orlando. We booked our flight and transfers through Carnival so that we wouldn't have any problems. We are transferring in New York and we are due to land in Orlando at 2 p.m.!! When we received out tickets, I e mailed Carnival (no reply) and I called my TA to express my concern about the tight time line. I was told that Carnival has this all fine tuned and there won't be a problem. Now I am very worried about what might happen. I don't want to miss the ship and have to be flown out to the first port on Monday. This worry is spoiling my anticipation of the trip especially after reading this thread. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated!!

We now pack some of our clothes in carry-on bags- even roll up suits etc.

Like I said, on our first cruise we missed our luggage for a few days, hence no captains welcome aboard party and formal dinner. It was a huge disappointment b/c it was our first cruise, but we learned from it

What time period do you have for the connections. DOnt want to scare you, but Toronto has had a few problems weather-wise. DH flew out of there this past fri for overseas and missed his connection b/c of late take-off from TO (one of the de-icing trucks broke down) People were quite upset, but considering the alternative to not de-icing IM glad they waited:)

Why didnt the ship just reverse thrusters and dock again?

You poor thing that is the worst customer service ever! Crazy. I hope you and your fellow travelers get compensated in full plus some. I Dont normally agree with the refunds people think they deserve but you sure do!

You might be screwed.:(

Orlando airport can be rough and remember that you have to take a monorail to the main terminal to get your bags. If you are running late, my best advise would be to leave your luggage and get to the shuttle. I flew out of NY last week and we took off 20 minutes late and we were supposed to arrive a 1.45 but landed at 2.10 and it took 30 minutes before the bags even appeared from the time we landed.

I was on Delta 1887.

Steve

We have about two hours in New York. I have been checking the long range weather report constantly since last Friday when we had an ice storm but the weather looks fine for this weekend.

My Dh flew Toronto to Newark (same weather as New York). Even a 2 hr window would not have got him to the connecting flight so forget the luggage making it. Hopefully we wont have 2 bad wkends in a row. I would definitely take as much as you can in carry-on (does your airline allow 2 carryons) We do a backpack and small duffel each --and it's amazing how much you can put in them. I know they say not to put the luggage tag for the cruise/cabin on until you get to the ship but it might not hurt if there is a possibility of it not arriving with you. Keep praying for sunshine and warmer weather:) Is your first port Nassau (that was ours on the glory at christmas) and the captain waited for those who missed connecting flights for MCO and had to fly to bahamas. Prepare for the worst, and if nothing goes wrong you'll be pleasantly surprised;)

Archived