Carnival Fantasy teen questions

kyleally

We are thinking about taking a Fantasy cruise next year. I am still working on aa decision of either the Fantasy or the Inspiration. What are the activities for ages 12 or 13 and 15 or 16 on either of these ships? It depends on when we go as to the kids ages. Alslo, how is the weather in the Bahamas in early April? It is cheaper on spring break, but the flights are crazy prices! Thanks for any info, it will be out first cruise! :)

You can normally see a list of activites on the carnival website for each age group. For 15 or 16 it doesnt matter you would be in the same group either way but the 12 or 13 would make a diffrence I think it runs 9-12 and 13-16

We found that the age group of 13-16 dont like the group activities. They only tend to hang out with other teens. But also to let you know= thats all ships not jsut the Fantasy. That age group think they are too kewl for group activities- here is a page that gives a lsiting of something that may go on during your cruise. Camp activities do change from cruise to cruise and week to week= depending on how many kids are particiapating.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=carnival+camp+capers&new=1

even if your kids do not go to the Camp= they still will have a great time. There is a lot of stuff for them to do also.

They do have a teen club on the Fantasy. I know they had stuff like makeovers scheduled and that. My daughter hung out there. I agree that they don't like a alot of the group activities. We usually make her go to the first meeting of the teens and she has always hooked up with some kids and hung out with them for the cruise. She is still in contact with people from her first cruise 3 years ago.

Serene is right about the teens.... at least in my experience. :)

As for the weather... we were cruising on the Fantasy last April and the weather was pretty cold, actually. I think that it was abnormal, though. It should be really nice.

When I took my then teens, the only thing I forced them to do was go to the opening get together at Camp Carnival. They did NOT want to go to anything else. They let me know that they had more than their fill of adult led activities between home, church and school. BUT going to the meet was wonderful for them. They hooked up with other kids that they ended up doing a lot of stuff with for the week. Cruising with teens is hard work for parents. The kids want to try all sorts of stuff - and parenting doesn't take a holiday.

The rules I set for my teens -

eat with family at supper

nothing that is not allowed at home (booze, drugs, sex)

only get off the ship with one or both of us (parents)

No visiting other cabins

Nobody else to visit our cabins unless one of the adults is home

no wandering the ship after we have gone to bed

My DH and I spent the entire cruise being at least within ear shot - and usually within sight of the kids. No we were not in their face. Only once did one of the girls get into a difficulty with somebody who hurt her feelings. I was glad that DH was only steps away. I came home from all three cruises in need of a vacation, but the kids had the times of their lives. Even now (almost a decade later) they want us to spring for a family reunion cruise. This time we will all be able to enjoy it.

Archived