Do you have to pay for movies

kruisey

Carnival usually runs 3 free movies (in cabin)

which run several times each day.

Usually 2 "more adult" R Ratings movies.

and a childrens Movie G rating each day.

And has available pay per view movies (which are usually slightly more recent)

There is usually a very good variety of Pay per view

movies to choose from, Everything from childrens, To "adult only"

if you get my meaning.

Mitch ;)

Usually travel Princess Cruises where all the movies are free.Think that is dreadful that Carnival charges .On 'Days at Sea' on Princess you can even look at the most recent movies on the big screen in the Theatre,or the same ones in your cabin.

Have cancelled this cruise.Have five days at sea and enjoy watching first run movies on those days.I am really suprised that they would be so mean as to charge $9.99 each which is $13.58 Canadian. per ones Credit Card.

Kruisey, you cancelled your cruise because of the movies? That is a shame.... actually, Carnival offers so many wonderful activities that most don't find a need for movies. They do offer several free movies in your cabin, but like most hotels and resorts, they do offer premium movies for a fee. There is just far too much to do on Carnival to spend that kind of time in your cabin and I really think you would have enjoyed yourself so much on the cruise, you would not miss the movies... You should give it a chance.

Have cancelled this cruise.Have five days at sea and enjoy watching first run movies on those days.I am really suprised that they would be so mean as to charge $9.99 each which is $13.58 Canadian. per ones Credit Card.

5 days at sea? What was the ship and itinerary?

Many cruisers on the 'Days at Sea' enjoy going to see the first run movie shown in the theater on the big screen in the afternoons......or they show them in the Vista lounge on a big screen.Sometimes if a person has travelled several times with a line they have seen the stage shows several times before....so the alternate is a movie.... Princess caters for that free.Also I am looking forward to' Theatre under the Stars' a big hit with Princess they also supply free Popcorn....Then if one is a bad sleeper like I ,one can also watch a movie in ones cabin to help one fall asleep.

No sorry I still think this is wrong of Carnival to charge for movies.

Then if one is a bad sleeper like I ,one can also watch a movie in ones cabin to help one fall asleep.

Sorry you won't be giving Carnival a chance just because of watching movies. However, we each have our own agenda while cruising. Hope you enjoy the Princess and all your movies. Maybe there will be ONE you'll like.:D Happy cruisin'!

I'm with GoinCruisin. Although I have cruised only twice, I never was in the cabin long enough to watch a movie. Even if we just sit on deck, all the sunshine, fresh air, and great food makes me sleep very easily. No need for television. I cruised once with our kids and will again in December. They also had too much to do--even just lying by a pool, then to worry about tv and video games. Hope you enjoy your cruise Kruisey.

And what about 5 days at sea? I'd be on deck with foo foo drinks and a couple of great books!, if there is one!!

I was very pleased with the selection of (free) movies shown in the cabins on my recent Jubilee cruise. We too like to watch movies late at night, it helps put me to sleep. 1. Terms of Agreement with Pierce Brosnan and Julieanne Moore 2. Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning - Drama - he's a bodyguard of a little girl who is kidnappped, and he's out for revenge. (can't remember the name) 3. There's Something About Polly - Ben Stiller and Jennifer Anniston. 4. Hidalgo - Vigo Mortensen. 5 Oops can't remember the name of this one either, Julia Stiles is in it, it's a comedy about an American girl that falls for a guy who turns out to be the prince of Denmark. My memory is not so good these days, huh. But anyway, I thought it was a good choice for free movies.

Terri

Like I said, we were impressed, not worth staying in the cabin for during the day, but nice to have on late in the evening when getting ready for bed! I was cruising with 3 teenagers, it was nice to have something else to listen to besides them :)

Terri

Archived