cigarettes,how much

CruiseZapper

A cruise is a great time to quit. You have so many things to do that you don't have time to think about missing that cig. Don't mean to start a war on here, it is just that I am on a cruise 4/14 and that day will be 3 years since I quit.:D

A cruise is a great time to quit. You have so many things to do that you don't have time to think about missing that cig. Don't mean to start a war on here, it is just that I am on a cruise 4/14 and that day will be 3 years since I quit.:D

congratulations on quitting!!! that is sooooo awesome,,

the last 2 cruises weve taken my husband is like ok we are going to quit,, and whadda you know , im in the shops buying the cheap cigs right before we are getting off,, so hopefully this time we can really do it ,, since now we cant smoke at work neither this is the perfect time to quit,, since we will be on the ship for 14 days ,

we shall see how it goes,....

take care everyone and happy cruising

melissa

thanks, i think it's great if you can stop smoking, i've never smoked so i can't be a judge on how easy it is, i've been on many cruises and never noticed before because no one in my family smokes, this is a friend of mine at work that wants me to get them for her, i don't mind picking them up for her if she wants me too, i just didn't know how much to tell her to send,i don't smoke, don't knock anyone else for smoking but i will not spend my money on cigarettes for anyone,

If you are a smoker and plan on an extended pre / post cruise stay you may want to check out local prices.

As an ex-smoker, I am curious when in different countries as to the price .....if I still needed them.

In Scotland they were 6 pounds in a machine. That would be almost $12 US a pack (20).:eek: In New Zealand when we stopped to gas up the car, they were about $10 US a pack (20) in their "Stop and Go" Market.

Melika091800, thanks for the congrats. Nbevins, that is fantastic. It is not easy by any means. If I had not walked into my doctors office and he did not say that I would be on oxygen the rest of my life within a month, I would probably be with everyone else puffing away. I enjoyed smoking and every now and then get a smell of one and go hum I would love to have one. I am 56 and do not desire to carry around an oxygen bottle and hope I never have to. Some of my best friends smoke and as long as we are out in the open I have no problem with it.

we are a lucky family .there's my husband and I, 4 grown married children with spouses ,(Makes 10 so far) 8 grandchildren (2 with spouses)(this makes 20)

and 2 little great grandchildren. and NO ONE smokes, makes it easier to go out to eat and get a table that pleases every one.we are a smokefree family.

We paid 19.95 a carton for all Marb varieties...they did run out of Ultra lights very quickly. They also had a deal 2 for 29.95 and some nifty half cartons that looked like giant flip top boxes...I think they were 14.95. Let us know. We usually do the 2 carton deal so we have some on the trip and some to take home.

marlboro i think were 2/$35 -- i know you can only bring 1 carton per adult travelling in your party. under no circumstance will you be allowed any more, as they will be confiscated.. Phish Tales :) :) :)

Oh really? If this was the case then why do the cruise lines sell five carton boxes? Your statement is incorrect.

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome. I commend you, Cathy.

I know I won't be smoking on the cruise for I'll be with my son. I am a current smoker, but never smoked around my son. So vacation will be the perfect time to quit for me. I'll be too busy, hopefully, to think about wanting a ciggy.

yes, congrats to anyone who has quit, but let's not turn this thread into a smoking versus non smoking issue. $22.00 is about right for a carton, the choices are limited and 2 cartons will run about $35 to $37.00. Hope this help OP when telling her friend how much to send. NMnita

• 2 weeks later...
marlboro i think were 2/$35 -- i know you can only bring 1 carton per adult travelling in your party. under no circumstance will you be allowed any more, as they will be confiscated.. Phish Tales :) :) :)

Off Topic..

Ed get back to me on the 19th board. Really enjoyed you and the Mrs company and coversations.... ricko1:)

Archived