Sailing on Crown Princess 7-5-07

zippnby

We are sailing on the Crown princesswith a large group of friends. i just had a few questions?

1) Any information on kids programs? Those of you with kids that attended, did they like it? (We have been on Carnival and we had mixed reviews from our own kids. They are ages 7, 9 and 12 in case that helps.)

2) What days are the formal nights?

3) The scholarship at sea programs are they worth it?

Thanks in advance

When i went on the Crown princess last year i saw tons of younger kids! I am a teenager myself and spent most of my nights dancing in skywalkers night club. There were definitely kids programs available! Mostly i saw the kids congregating around the MUTS to watch a movie! also at night, many of the teens went to the teen disco. My sister was 15 on the cruise and she had an awesome time! she still talks to many of the friends she met on the cruise! there is always something going on for the kids! they will never be bored!

I am not sure what nights are the formal nights... usually the first sea day is a formal night!

hope this has answered any of your questions!

Zippnby, I second the suggestion by Hill6, come join our rollcall, the link is below. Lots of knowledgable folks there, some of our group have already sailed the Crown. Teri

welcome Zipp...we too are on the crown 7/5!!

Jgreen....you stated you are a teen...can I ask how old you are??;)

We're traveling with a bunch of teens, 17 and 19 yr. olds. I'm hoping they will find plenty to do being that age.

thanks!

Crissy

To find out the formal nights, go to this website:

www.cruisedailies.com

Look for the Patters for the Crown from last summer - there are one or two posted, you can see what was going on on the ship at that time.

The kids program in the summer when there are a lot of kids should be fine - someone recently posted that their kids enjoyed it. When we were on in November, school was in session and the adults we spoke to on the ship weren't overly thrilled with the program - bu they were also comparing it to Disney, which you really can't do.

It seems the kids program has a lot more going when there are more kids on the ship.

I wanted to take some of the Scholarship programs, but we only had one day at sea and I didn't have the time.

There is PLENTY to do on the ship - you'll have a great time.

when i went on the cruise i was 18. the second night they had a meeting for anyone 18-21. later that night we all went to Skywalkers night club. you have to be at least 18 to get in and they check id cards!!! i hung out with a group of kids. Me and a guy i met were 18, i met a girl who was 19, another guy was 20, and another girl was 21. Mostly during the day we would hang out by the pool or we would go to line dancing or ballroom dancing classes together, and then at night we all met up after dinner and partied in skywalkers til 2 or 3 in the morning! Although they let you into the club at 18, they will not serve you alcohol unless you are 21!

hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions! out of all my cruises, the Crown Princess was my favorite!!!

to add, the teens who are 17 will also be plenty busy!!! my sister was 15 and she made some really good friends on the cruise! there is usually stuff going on all day for teens 13-17, and then at night there is sometimes a teen disco!!

Archived