? about price changes

Sandi149

The price just went down on my sailing so I called my TA and he got us the new price. We haven't paid the balance of the trip yet. We will be doing that in a week or so. What happens if the price goes down after I pay for my trip in full? Would I still be able to get the reduction in the form on an OBC?

Thanks. :)

What do you have in writing as an agreement with your TA? Your contract with your TA is the most important thing, that is something you should always clarify with them in writing, before booking, at least you have not already made your final payment, so you have leverage.

What do you have in writing as an agreement with your TA? Your contract with your TA is the most important thing, that is something you should always clarify with them in writing, before booking, at least you have not already made your final payment, so you have leverage.

Well I just spoke with him before and he is sending me out a new confirmation for the price reduction that happened today when I checked the Carnival site. This isn't the first price reduction for the sailing. It went down twice before and I called him up and he got me the reduction. So once the cruise is paid in full and if the price goes down again, I have to negotiate with the TA about that?

Well I just spoke with him before and he is sending me out a new confirmation for the price reduction that happened today when I checked the Carnival site. This isn't the first price reduction for the sailing. It went down twice before and I called him up and he got me the reduction. So once the cruise is paid in full and if the price goes down again, I have to negotiate with the TA about that?

Yes, some TAs do it and some don't, I would not wait for it to happen and then negotiate, I would get it discussed and in writing from them now! That way you won't have to type a "My TA screwed me over post" later. I think most of the misunderstanding are caused by a lack of up front agreement.

Yes, some TAs do it and some don't, I would not wait for it to happen and then negotiate, I would get it discussed and in writing from them now! That way you won't have to type a "My TA screwed me over post" later. I think most of the misunderstanding are caused by a lack of up front agreement.

Ok....I will call him. Hopefully I won't have a problem.

Thanks Dood. :D

Ok....I will call him. Hopefully I won't have a problem.

Thanks Dood. :D

Welcome!

At least your expectations will be set either way. I would prefer to e-mail him if that is possible, so that whatever he tells you, you have it in writing. Of course maybe you have a long relationship with this guy and trust him, I have never had that with a TA or PVP.

Welcome!

At least your expectations will be set either way. I would prefer to e-mail him if that is possible, so that whatever he tells you, you have it in writing. Of course maybe you have a long relationship with this guy and trust him, I have never had that with a TA or PVP.

I don't think he has an email address. I just looked on his card and on the confirmation from the original booking and it's not on there either. Nope, I don't have a relationship with the guy. First time we are using this particular agent.

Archived