What Level to stay on the ship

Boogie Board

I have no idea if this is where I should post this or not, but here goes:

We are in the process of booking a cruise on the Destiny, leaving October 21st out of San Juan. My question is this: we are booking a balcony room and have been advised by Carnival that they will put us on any level of the ship for the same price, so what floor should we stay on? We have been on several cruises (the last one being Liberty) and it seemed really rocky towards the top of the ship.

Also, she said she could put us in the back of the boat (those corner rooms) and that the balcony space is doubled. Has anyone ever stayed back there?

Any help as soon as you can would really help us out. We are going to book it this week. Thanks!!

If you are worried about rockiness - mid ship is best.

Our friends had a back balcony on the Destiny many years ago. We had rough seas and it was really rocky back there as compared to our mid-ship cabin.

Have a great trip.

Diane

I would request the Empress Deck, (deck 7) It has passenger decks above and below so it will be quiet. It is also in between the two main public areas, the Promenade (deck 5) and the Lido (deck 9) so it is easy to get where you want to go and back.

General rule of thumb for smoothest ride is: the lower the deck and the closer to mid-ship the less movement.

That being said, DH & I had an aft cabin on a 10th deck for our Alaska cruise in Sept. and had smooth sailing all the way. The water was calm for that cruise, however.

If you're not prone to motion sickness, I'd go for that aft balcony in a minute, but if you are worried about sea sickness you might want to take a balcony cabin closer to midship.

Dianne

General rule of thumb for smoothest ride is: the lower the deck and the closer to mid-ship the less movement.

That being said, DH & I had an aft cabin on a 10th deck for our Alaska cruise in Sept. and had smooth sailing all the way. The water was calm for that cruise, however.

If you're not prone to motion sickness, I'd go for that aft balcony in a minute, but if you are worried about sea sickness you might want to take a balcony cabin closer to midship.

Dianne

Deck 10 aft on Destiny is an open public deck. It could get might windy trying to sleep up there! :confused:

Empress also. We really like the location more towards the aft of the ship. We booked an OV on Main, but I booked friends of mine (who wanted a balcony) around 7262. That location is great as far as being near the end of the "Promenade" run, just popping up the elevator to the Lido buffet/pool, dining room, etc. Our room is in that general vacinity, though on Main Deck, as I said earlier. :)

Deck 10 aft on Destiny is an open public deck. It could get might windy trying to sleep up there! :confused:

Sorry you misunderstood my comments. I was not referring to Destiny in the Deck 10 scenerio, just mentioning that an aft balcony on higher decks can often be a smooth ride. :D

Dianne

The only place we would avoid in the future is directly under the Lido deck. We heard the scrape of chairs all night long. (It sounded a lot like whales mating so we just pretended we were on our Alaska cruise.) I'm not a light sleeper and I woke several nights at 2 or 3 am due to the wonderful whales. :)

Archived