Oahu Dinner Sunset Cruise

sassystyxfan

I have a few questions to the best source of excursion/cruise information - YOU!

1. Where does the ship dock in Honolulu? Is it anywhere near Pier 6?

2. I'm looking for a dinner cruise because it will be a full moon the night we are there, May 2nd. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at the following, but am open to all opinions:

Oahu Sunset Dinner Cruise - Navatek Sunset Dinner Cruise

clearpixel.gifNavatek%5F1%5FT1%2Ejpgclearpixel.gif clearpixel.gif

http://www.hawaiiactivities.com/index.cfm?page=search&searchIsland=All%20Islands&main_category=All%20Categories&category=6927A64C-D40E-441A-BC2E0B29E5B8F5DB&keyword=&search=search

Has anyone heard of Tom Barefoot's Cashback Tours Ltd?

Thank you,

Yes, it's a well known tour consolidator. I think some (maybe many) of the activities have a "time share option" where you can opt to do a time share and then get an activity for almost nothing. We wouldn't consider that because we're not spending 4 or 5 hours of our precious Hawaii time that way. They also offer activities without the time share which are anywhere from 5% to 25% off the regular price. For example, DH and I used Tom Barefoot's on Maui (Lahaina) to book our Blue Hawaiian helicopter ride. They saved us about 15% off the price had we booked directly. That might not seem like much, but we saved enough (did the long flight in the Ecostar) to pay for meals that day.

Several years ago, DH and I did the Navatek lunch cruise. It was fine, but we were on Oahu mid-September and it was very quiet. The boat wasn't even half full, so we didn't have that "boat party" atmosphere. We enjoyed the scenery. The food and drinks were only okay, but it may be different on the dinner cruises (more elegant, more choices, higher drink quality, etc.).

beachchick

There is a whale watching ship called the Star of Honolulu which is docked at pier 8--along side the Aloha Tower. The ship has 3-4 decks and there is plenty of room to walk around and see the whales. Their price just for whale watching is $39 and a lunch buffet was $59 pp. They also have a sit down meal and also a dinner cruise. If you go out Friday evening they go by Waikiki Beach and you can see the fireworks at Hilton. We just did the lunch buffet and we were very satisfied with the quality and quantity of the food. There was plenty left over! They also had a singer on board for entertainment and even a bunch of orchid flowers and every one was making their own lei. We were very happy with the ship and services. You might be able to just walk up and get tickets. Their office is along side the ship in Aloha Towers.

John L.

Archived