Easy Phone Service?

Is there a easy and somewhat inexpensive way to call back to the states on either the cruiseship or in port?

I do not have a cell phone that will work, so that option is out. I am leaving kids at home and want some since of connection. Any ideas?

Is there a easy and somewhat inexpensive way to call back to the states on either the cruiseship or in port?

I do not have a cell phone that will work, so that option is out. I am leaving kids at home and want some since of connection. Any ideas?

Leave the number in your documents with who ever has the kids. Let them call you if they need you and you have a great cruise. You've earned it. :)

Is this a voice over internet product? or are you meaning that you are paying $100.00 for unlimited use of wireless or connected internet use for the week? You brought your laptop?

We were on the EOC two years ago. Spent the $100 for internet in the cabin. Set up my laptop with a webcam and microphone. We used MSN Instant messanger to be able to talk to (and see) the kids every night. We tested the webcams before we left so everyone knew how to use it. It worked fairly well except when the satellite signal was lost while at sea sometimes. We did have a little trouble setting it up initially, and the folks at the desk didn't know how to help, but we figured it out. Of course, this time (leaving in 17 days!) we are just taking the kids with us. It meant a lot to my youngest son to be able to see us and talk to us every day or two. Hope this helps.

So as I understand....$100.00 per week buys you internet access in your cabin with a network card. It does not buy you a VOIP phone to use while at sea. Is the internet wireless ship wide?2

Click here to view RCL's FAQ for internet, it explains all the options for use of internet from ship's computers, to Wi-Fi, to Cyber Cabin and what the equipment requirements and costs are. Cyber Cabin is not a VOIP product, it's actually a dial up service that requires you have an analog modem in your laptop with RJ-11 jack, not ethernet with RJ-45. IM with cyber cabin seems to work pretty well, but I haven't come across any posts yet where anyone was successful using Skype or any other VOIP service.

Archived