Hello Ichiban Nekko

bettyonboard

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated your response to the thread "land tour luggage". I too was concerned about that. My BF and I are going on our first cruise to Alaska SB on Summit in Sept. Did I understand correctly that I should try to have my luggage seperated from "cruise clothes" and "land tour clothes"? Or am I just making an excuse to do more shopping? I am like a sponge on this site taking EVERYONES advice and opinions in about this cruise. My BF is a little aprehensive about the cruise part. We love the outdoors, so I think he will enjoy it. I also saw that you were going to the Artic Circle? I would love to hear about that. I am one of the few people that are not destined to be somewhere hot and sunny. Thanks for any tips about this cruise you send my way. (or anyone else that has taken this cruise):)

Yes, separate what you will need for the land portion from your "cruise clothes" They took our cruise luggage and we did not see it again, until we where on the Summit. We started with one piece for each of us and one we shared for the land portion..

Enjoy, we had a great time.

I think has Jezzdogg summed it up beautifully (Thanks J! :D ). And the X Hostess will answer any questions you may have when you meet with her in Fairbanks. To give you an idea how much we loved our Alaska cruisetour, resources permitting (time and $$), we would return to Alaska every summer!

Have you checked to see if there is a Roll Call for your sailing? And do sign up for a Connections party -- it's a great way to touch base with your fellow CCers when on board. The Alaska page on Ports of Call has loads of info. I wish I had known about this website when we took our first cruise.

As for your concern about your BF and cruising, I can only tell you our story. I hinted (unsuccessfully) for years about a cruise. DH was hesitant. When an ad came on TV back in 1998, DH in a moment of weakness, suggested that I look into it. And I did so. As quickly as possible. Our first cruise was with Princess to Alaska. And guess who in our household is even more crazy about cruise vacations than me? In our case, I think the simplicity of it is such a feature (unpack your case once for multiple destinations) combined with our incredible good fortune in meeting so many nice people while on board.

We are very, very excited about going to Norway and the Arctic Circle this summer. That's one of Those Dream Destinations for us.

But before then, we have a non-cruise trip to Beijing in April. Even if it's not on board, we are still pretty darned excited about that too.

The only down side to reading these boards is realizing how many interesting places there are to visit ... Rather than curing "an itchy foot", it seems to "whet the appetite"!!

Have a wonderful tour and cruise to Alaska!

Thank you so much for responding. My son is graduating this summer, and I have my head filled with dream vacations. Alaska was really the only must see that I have had. But the Artic circle is calling me. I would like to visit New Zealand sometime and Switzerland. Thank you for letting me know about the clothes situation. I had no idea that I needed to seperate. It"s all in thanks to you and the great people that post here that I almost wet my pants at anything Alaska or cruise related. Wow, first cruise and first time to ALaska, I might faint.

Archived