Is there some sort of "always available" menu in dining room?

Hello! I will be leaving on Saturday for my first Norwegian cruise (Pride of America), although I have 26 Princess cruises and 3 Carnival cruises under my belt. I just checked out the menus someone posted, and I have a question. Is there anyway you can just order a plain chicken breast or salmon anytime in the dining room, similar to the "Always Available" menu on Princess? We are quite the pair, I am very picky about sauces and such, and my traveling companion has a gluten allergy and is a dairy free non-red meat vegan. She pretty much exists on plain grilled salmon and plain steamed vegetables.

Are we in trouble??

Any help is appreciated!

Casey

Hello! I will be leaving on Saturday for my first Norwegian cruise (Pride of America), although I have 26 Princess cruises and 3 Carnival cruises under my belt. I just checked out the menus someone posted, and I have a question. Is there anyway you can just order a plain chicken breast or salmon anytime in the dining room, similar to the "Always Available" menu on Princess? We are quite the pair, I am very picky about sauces and such, and my traveling companion has a gluten allergy and is a dairy free non-red meat vegan. She pretty much exists on plain grilled salmon and plain steamed vegetables.

Are we in trouble??

Any help is appreciated!

Casey

Your wish is their command..

Just let them know;)

Enjoy your cruise:)

Not really on topic, but how does a "dairy free non-red meat vegan" eat salmon?? Vegan means you do not eat ANY animal products of any kind including dairy, eggs, honey, etc. Even if you are vegetarian you still don't eat fish. I'm just confused. :confused:

I would hate to have a gluten allergy though, it must be tough to be so careful about what you eat.

I know you are probably not traveling with kids, but for those who are, kids can order pizza everynight in the main dining rooms on NCL. That's what my kid does if he doesn't see something on the menu that he likes.:D

I know you are probably not traveling with kids, but for those who are, kids can order pizza everynight in the main dining rooms on NCL. That's what my kid does if he doesn't see something on the menu that he likes.:D

Good to know!! MY DS15 lives on pizza!!

Hello! Thanks soo much for all the help. I am glad to know there will be options.

Etoile - my friend used to be a straight up 100% vegan (no fish, dairy, meat, ect), but a few years ago had a crippling head injury, and many things that she was able to eat before (tofu, ect), no longer work for her and make her sick. Also, as a result of the head injury, her once "simmering under the surface" gluten allergy came up full force and now really has a problem with any gluten items at all. She pretty much can only eat grilled salmon, completly plain, and plain steamed veggies. That is bascially her only nourishment. So while it breaks the "vegan" description rules, it pretty much is all she can handle for protein, thats why I use the laymen's term of "non-red meat Vegan", for lack of a better description!

Casey

Hello! Thanks soo much for all the help. I am glad to know there will be options.

Etoile - my friend used to be a straight up 100% vegan (no fish, dairy, meat, ect), but a few years ago had a crippling head injury, and many things that she was able to eat before (tofu, ect), no longer work for her and make her sick. Also, as a result of the head injury, her once "simmering under the surface" gluten allergy came up full force and now really has a problem with any gluten items at all. She pretty much can only eat grilled salmon, completly plain, and plain steamed veggies. That is bascially her only nourishment. So while it breaks the "vegan" description rules, it pretty much is all she can handle for protein, thats why I use the laymen's term of "non-red meat Vegan", for lack of a better description!

Casey

I hope you and your friend enjoy your trip and that she finds whatever she needs to eat. I'm sure if you tell them what she needs they will be happy to accommodate her. Have a great cruise!:D

last sept, my BIL (big meat/potatos guy) order steak with baked pots every night. to his credit, he did taste other stuff from his wife's and daughter's plate. according to him, the meat was fine, just not the best cuts of beef..where as the steakhouse had better cuts of beef. (he worked for a beef packer for over 20 years). everyone, including him, was impress with the beef used in the beef wellington.

he didn't ask anyone, just told the waiter that was what he wanted.

We got back from the Sun a few weeks ago. One night I asked to order a steak in the dining room & the waiter sent the maitre'd over to our table. She said you can order a steak 24 hr. in advance but not on the spur of the moment. She said they are "frozen" & they can't prepared immediately. I was surprised at that.

Archived