Cheaper waver runner Coco Cay or Nassau?

para

My husband really wants to rent a waver runner while we are in The Bahamas. Is is cheaper to rent one at Coco cay or Nassau. We will most likely go to Cabbage beach because we plan on going to Atlantis, but if there is another beach close by with cheaper waver runner we can go there too. I know RCCL has a tour for I think $89 for the driver and 29 for the passenger. Deos anyone know prices in Nassau?Thnaks we really look forward to your replies.

Nassau would be cheaper due to competition. At Coco Cay you see those rates they're charging...they have a monopoly. Also keep in mind that at Coco Cay you can't go off on your own with the waverunner....you follow the leader on a predetermined path.

I don't know prices (or availability) of waverunners at Paradise Island. Since that's the land of the wealthy, I'd expect expensive prices if they even have them. My familiarity is with waverunner rentals out on Cable Beach, where there are multiple vendors. Figure $50-60 for a half hour and if there aren't alot of tourists and vendors have a bunch of them parked, you can get lower prices or bargain for the same price but with more time. And they are pretty generous in letting you take the waverunners far in either direction.

BobK/Orlando

Thanks so much for the info BobK/Orlando! I will look into going to Cable beach.It would be great to spend some time at the beach.I feel like I would be missing out without going to a beach in Nassau. Originally we didn't plan on going to any other beach other then Coco cay because we planned,so many things for Nassau.

Thanks again BobK/Orlando,

I just want to stop by the beach for like a 1/2 hour. Do you know how far Cable beach is from Atlantis? I think Cabbage beach is within walking distance, but I heard it is a pretty hilly walk.After walking around Atlantis for a couple hours we just want to find a pretty beach and relax, before we go to Straw Market.My husband was thinking Nassau would be better for the jet ski because he can save some cash and go out with out a guide. I want to try a massage at Coco Cay and enjoy the beach and mini Straw Market.

Cable Beach and Atlantis are in opposite directions from downtown Nassau where the cruise ships dock.

When you disembark from your ship you'll follow the sidewalks that lead directly to the cruise terminal which you must pass through first before you go out into the city itself. Immediately upon entering the cruise terminal doors everyone will walk to the right towards the exit. But if you look ahead and slightly to your left you'll see a wall full of free tourist brochures and tourist newspapers. One or two of them will include advertising maps and they are excellent for seeing the layout of the Nassau area and where everything is in relation to each other.

CABLE------------------------------------SHIPS------/PARADISE IS.

BEACH

The above is kind of the layout and relative distances. As you know, Paradise Island is taxi or water taxi only. For Cable Beach destinations you'd need a taxi or the #10 Jitney bus.

BobK/Orlando

Thanks so much for all the info BobK/Orlando.I love the fact that they have an information center when you get off the ship with maps. That will be awesome. I was planing on taking a taxi to Atlantis because I wanted to go on my own to save Cash.RRCL is priced $54pp for the Atlantis tour. I read on here we can pay 29pp for the digs and 4pp for the cab and the only thing we will miss it the scenic ride over seeing expensive homes.We are ok with that.You were so great with answering all my questions thanks again :) .

This is what I found when I did a search for Massage on Coco Cay. I did see a price list somewhere, but I can't find it.If I do I will post it for you.I think I seen the price on the ship is 72.00 for 50 mins ( not sure what type if massage it was though). If I am remember correctly.I imagine it is about the same on the island.Well I hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298418&highlight=massage+Coco+Cay

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=373846&highlight=massage+Coco+Cay

I just found these price list for SOS.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2878249290088677822HACfqd

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2719473570088677822SunTjW

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2329454860088677822AsZkcw

Maybe this will help better.I think they also offer discounts on port days, but I think that is on the ship. Life I said before the prices are probably the same.

Good Luck and it you go before May and get a massage please let me know how you liked it and what you paid. Thanks

Bob,

Thanks for the info.

If I want to take the #10 Jitney to Cable beach where do I pick up the Jitney's at the cruise terminal? When I head out those doors to the right where are the Jitneys?

Also, how do I get back? Do the Jitneys have a schedule? How long of a ride is it one way to/from Cable beach?

Thoughts on Cabbage Beach instead of Cable?

Archived