Some questions about Norwegian Dawn...

vowsatsea

Hi there, I just registered today because I had a couple of questions about my upcoming cruise. The only other cruise I've been on was with Princess Cruise and they had two things that I was wondering if the Norwegian Dawn had.

1) PCL gave you the option of buying a big travel mug for about $20 on the first day of the cruise and it gave you free refills for the rest of the cruise. Does the Dawn have that?

2) PCL also offered free room service. Does the Dawn have this as well?

That's about it for now...I'm sure I'll come up with another question in the future! Thanks!

Yes and yes. The soda card is a sticker attached to your room card. However, NCL does charge more for it, I believe its $5.75 a day. The coke container is high, but not too wide, its actually quite small when filled with ice.

Room service is free open all day and night. Most cabins have a limited menu.

Hi there, I just registered today because I had a couple of questions about my upcoming cruise. The only other cruise I've been on was with Princess Cruise and they had two things that I was wondering if the Norwegian Dawn had.

1) PCL gave you the option of buying a big travel mug for about $20 on the first day of the cruise and it gave you free refills for the rest of the cruise. Does the Dawn have that?

2) PCL also offered free room service. Does the Dawn have this as well?

That's about it for now...I'm sure I'll come up with another question in the future! Thanks!

For the travel mug are you referring to a Soda program? NCL does offer a soda package for $5.75 and the entire length of the cruise needs to be purchased....I believe it includes a mug, but they also put a sticker on your cabin card so that you can get drinks just by showing the card as well.

There is room service 24 hours a day for all cabins, the menu isn't very extensive but does have food and snacks. We always tip the delivery person, $2 for a small order and $4 -5 for a larger order.

We just returned from a cruise today on the Dawn. Like you, my wife and I wondered about the soda cards and decided not to get them.

When we stayed at the Disney hotels on a previous vacation, you purchased a mug for like $13 and there was a soda fountain that you could fill all day long. There is nothing like that on the Dawn. If you want a soda, you have to order it from a waiter. It seemed unlikely that we would drink over $120 worth of soda in 10 days. In the buffet restaurants there was a drink cart guy but I doubt you'd get more than one soda from him per meal. The ice water was very good and there was juice at breakfast. When we were in St Marten, I even snuck a six pack of soda back into my refrigerator. You'd be glad if you skipped the soda package.

There is room service on the Dawn but it was very limited to a few cold sandwiches and small personal pizzas. We used it mostly for our kids. It was handy but it would have been nice to be able to get a cheeseburger or hot breakfast in the room.

When we were in St Marten, I even snuck a six pack of soda back into my refrigerator. You'd be glad if you skipped the soda package.

We just got off the Dream about a week ago and I took along a 12 pack of soda packed in a suitcase, along with a few bottles of particular juices I like to have on hand. Unless you're a soda junkie you may not get your money's worth with the soda card. Even with taking on my own 12 pack I ended up with leftover. So if you're not a total soda junkie nothing wrong with taking a few of your own and bringing along your own insulated cup. I bought one from the ship.:)

Archived