***LIVE*** FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS with Arlene & Tony

arlenemilt

Hi All,

About 15 minutes before we began our transit round the Horn we passed through a small squall. Off the portside there was a beautiful rainbow whose end was almost close enough to touch. I got some lovely pictures. In addition to the Rotterdam we passed a Chilean coast guard ship and a Chilean navy vessel. It was literally rush hour round the Horn.

At the Cruise Critic gathering it was nice putting faces to screen names.

I'm hoping our fair seas and calm winds hold up so we can make our trip to Antarctica in two days.

Buenas Noches from El Fin del Mundo.

Ann

Well just came back from the Indian Dinner with the PSD and his wife, First Purser and F&B Director. Was a great dinner that we had and very private. They closed the back section of the Horizon Court for us with 2 private waiters and a head waiter for the past 3 hours. Some excellent fine wines were served and some authentic Indian dishes were made especially for us tonight.

Some great food and company all around.

The seas are more or less very quiet tonight and winds are a bit strong up on deck currently. We are scheduled to arrive in Ushuaia tomorrow morning at 7:00am and we set sail at 4:00pm for Punta Arenas.

More to follow later as in the morning from the Golden Princess.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

2138812190014024534IsxkoA_th.jpg Ushuaia crab........ENJOY

Ahoy Golden Princess Cruisers,

How lucky you were to have such a calm Cape Horn Day. Last cruise was very rough.

We did have an awesome time - I wish you the same.

Tony, Francesco's sangria is excellent, huh?? Drank plenty of it for sure.

Please say ciao to him for me.

Arlene, I posted a photo of the crab in Ushuaia - it's amazing. Be sure to try it. Avoid the Grappa!!!

Wish I was still onboard with you all.

Cathy

2138812190014024534IsxkoA_th.jpg Ushuaia crab........ENJOY

Ahoy Golden Princess Cruisers,

How lucky you were to have such a calm Cape Horn Day. Last cruise was very rough.

We did have an awesome time - I wish you the same.

Tony, Francesco's sangria is excellent, huh?? Drank plenty of it for sure.

Please say ciao to him for me.

Arlene, I posted a photo of the crab in Ushuaia - it's amazing. Be sure to try it. Avoid the Grappa!!!

Wish I was still onboard with you all.

Cathy

Cathy...yes I can most certainly vouch for "Pattamia's Sangria" on this cruise and on teh past two cruises prior!....the best I have tasted EVER!

BTW, that picture of the Crab in Ushusaia is exactly how it looks as well!

Will say a big hello for you....say hi to Omar Singilliari for me as well!

Tony

Hi Tony!

I haven't read all the posts... but are you still trying to get to Antartica this time?? Think you missed the flight on your last cruise (the one we were on)??

Looks like you're having fun and being treated quite well! Good to read about it... now that we're back, we're cruising vicariously...

Ciao for now..

PS it was +9C in Montreal yesterday and today... gofigure, you picked the worst week to be back home!!:rolleyes:

MC

Hi Tony!

I haven't read all the posts... but are you still trying to get to Antartica this time?? Think you missed the flight on your last cruise (the one we were on)??

Looks like you're having fun and being treated quite well! Good to read about it... now that we're back, we're cruising vicariously...

Ciao for now..

PS it was +9C in Montreal yesterday and today... gofigure, you picked the worst week to be back home!!:rolleyes:

MC

Actually no I promised Javier I would not go on the Antartica flight without him!

Yes being treated quite well as always onboard.

Yes when I was back home it was -25 and tons of snow!

Tony

Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone on board for taking the time to post.

Thank you for posting pics of the cruise cams...they are quite enjoyable.

Wish I could try some of the wonderful SANGRIA you mentioned Tony...sounds delicious!

Safe travels and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Laurie

Cathy...yes I can most certainly vouch for "Pattamia's Sangria" on this cruise and on teh past two cruises prior!....the best I have tasted EVER!

BTW, that picture of the Crab in Ushusaia is exactly how it looks as well!

Will say a big hello for you....say hi to Omar Singilliari for me as well!

Tony

Hi Tony,

2307855650014024534hEgvBD_th.jpg

This is us leaving after having 5 of those giant crabs :) , plenty of beer, wine & grappa. Ask Pattamia about the grappa!!!

I was sorry to have missed you onboard. Perhaps next time we'll meet up.

We certainly have many friends in common.

I will say ciao to Omar for you.

Cathy

Hello Everyone,

Thank you everyone on board for taking the time to post.

Thank you for posting pics of the cruise cams...they are quite enjoyable.

Wish I could try some of the wonderful SANGRIA you mentioned Tony...sounds delicious!

Safe travels and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Laurie

Laurie...the Sangria is delicious and can drink it at noon and night!

Tony

Hi Tony,

2307855650014024534hEgvBD_th.jpg

This is us leaving after having 5 of those giant crabs :) , plenty of beer, wine & grappa. Ask Pattamia about the grappa!!!

I was sorry to have missed you onboard. Perhaps next time we'll meet up.

We certainly have many friends in common.

I will say ciao to Omar for you.

Cathy

Cathy...I know all to well about the Grappa onboard and the infamous "Chateau Neuf de Cambouza" in the pantry!

Sorry to have missed you as well and will say hi to George and Pattamia for you!

Tony

We had a relatively smooth passage around Cape Horn. Here's one of my photos with the rainbow.

Pam thanks for the shot...very nice!

Tony

Cathy...I know all to well about the Grappa onboard and the infamous "Chateau Neuf de Cambouza" in the pantry!

Sorry to have missed you as well and will say hi to George and Pattamia for you!Tony

Tony,

The grappa onboard was finer than the one we had in Ushuaia - under the direction of Pattamia I will add.

How is George? Yes, do say hi from me.

I am having a tough time coming back to reality for sure.

Cathy

Tony,

The grappa onboard was finer than the one we had in Ushuaia - under the direction of Pattamia I will add.

How is George? Yes, do say hi from me.

I am having a tough time coming back to reality for sure.

Cathy

George is doing great ass always walking like a "penguin" and I will not go near Grappa again for a longtime to come!

Tony

George is doing great ass always walking like a "penguin" and I will not go near Grappa again for a longtime to come!

Tony

LOL ;) I do love penguins ;)

I too am not wanting grappa for some time. However, sangria I would love now.........

Cathy

Tony. . . sounds like you are having a great time. I'm so sorry to hear about my favorite Assistant Purser. He really deserves a promotion and I filled out a you made a difference card letting them know that. He really did make a difference in my cruise experience. Couple of questions. . . Is the Captains Quarters as large as the Grand Suite? Larger? Smaller? Also do you know what wine is used for the base of Pattamia's Sangria? It sounds lovely and I haven't made Sangria in a very long time. I think the wine makes all the difference. How 'bout the wonderful Lemoncello? Have you had more of that?

I just love viewing the behind the scenes life on board ship through your eyes. Thanks for taking us along.

Hi Tony,

Just found your thread and finished reading the whole thing. I sure wish I was on board!! Hope you are all having a ball. Who are you cruising with this time? South America around the horn is definitely on my to-do list. Loved the Galapagos, but want to see more penguins:-)

Hugs,

Suzie Provo

Archived