Customer Service: Should I Laugh or Cry?

lindakirk

I emailed X on January 8th in reply to an email from them about a Custom Air request I had submitted.

When I did not receive a reply, I phoned only to be told by RCCL rep that it was too early to make such a request. I knew that this was not so.:(

I then phoned Custom Air directly and got a recording saying that the international dept. was too busy to answer the phone and I should email them.:rolleyes:

Finally, I called Captain's Club and was connected to Custom Air and everything was taken care of.

Today, just 2 months after my initial email, I received an automated reply that they had received it and would get to it as soon as possible!

How's that for customer service?

Linda

Linda, six month ago I sent an e-mail to CS..........I got an auto reply which was real nice, I'm still waiting for my answer....:rolleyes:

Unfortunately we had to cancel a cruise last month. When we put our deposit down they got their money in one day, the refund took almost four weeks and involved several phone calls and a few mistakes.

iT is a shame that such a service oriented company has such poor telephone service. When I'm looking for an answer I usually call three times, if I get the same answer twice I figure that's correct, then I ask on Cruise Critic..:D

See...the thing is Celebrity is not a customer service oriented firm. They are a sales based firm. They have not yet learned that their clients are people, and if they provide a higher level of customer resolution, they are selling to more satisfied people.

Along my path, they are one of the only major firms that I have come across that are so far behind the curve in this regard. That they continue to manage to fill ships despite their indifference, and yes, I am calling it indifference, is just one more black mark since they focus on the sales side and appear to me to use that to poo-poo the need to clean up since sales remain so high for them. Not to mention these who's-the-best-cruiseline- for-your-money-polls.

Let these heavily advertised publications and sites start a who's-the-best-at problem-resolution-line and then level the field with that poll. :D

I would laugh......... because you were smart enough to pursue your goal.

To many sit back and let things happen and then complain...........I have had excellent and terrible service with RCI/X...but I probably have called a "million" times.......I have 3 personal vacations planner...lucky me:rolleyes: who call when my held cruise is not deposited or I cancel.....sales based absolutely................But when I have cancelled I have always receive credit quickly...in fact one time I used the wrong credit card and I was impressed with the speed it was resolved...I would rate RCI/X customer service better than average over the phone...with emails it sounds like they flunk:eek:

:confused: Good evening,

Bull's eye !!! Bingo !!! Right on !!!

The OP's narrative is classic text book description and example of the leading of Celebrity's two major flaws which obscure its otherwise stellar products.

Poor shoreside pre/post sale customer service.

Been examplified numerous times; has p***'d off folks by the bucket load....Best to laugh it off as plan ''b'' only push your blood pressure into another area code...

Sad....

Cheers

;)

Archived