Rum Point

bigasufan

How long does it take to take a taxi to Rum Point? How much does it cost?

From the pier? It's about a 45 minute drive each way.

Cost? A lot. We haven't actually taken a cab out, but we asked a few years ago out of curiosity, and I vaguely remember a figure of about $50...and I think that was each way. :eek:

If you have your heart set on Rum Point, your best bet is to either rent a car for the day or take an excursion that includes a stop there. Or, skip Rum Point entirely and go to Seven Mile Beach instead, which is about a $4-6 cab ride, depending on where on the strip you go...

If I had to guess, I'd say you are looking at at least CI$65 (US$81.25) each way. You may have to pay waiting time too or else your cab will leave you there - stuck without a way back. Plan on US$200-250 total.

Or just rent a car.

We stopped at Rum Point Beach on our wave runner excursion. The beach was very nice and well kept and there were a few people snorkeling. our guide said that if you wanted to spend the day there to rent a car (taxi would be over $100) and drive, it is very quiet. They do have a hotel there so people do land based vacations there. But let me warn you, it is VERY expensive there. They post their prices with a $ sign but it is CAYMAN $$$. By the time you convert it to american $$$ I paid over $11 for one drink! :eek: We sucked down our one drink and left, food was very expensive too (prices started at $8 and went up to $20, all in Cayman money). So if you plan on spending the day there plan on spending big $$$$. ;)

We loved Rum Point--we rented a car from avis--drove out--well signed--had good directions from avis------we thought food was reasonable considering the beauty of the location and the fact that chairs--shade--hammocks all free--parking free

2 half pound burgers with a mound of fries---one rum punch and a coke were

38.00 us----the car inclung insurance and a CI permit was $65---nice little shop--rentals (red sail) onsite--clean restrooms

we got to spend about 6 hours there---wonderful

Paul

They do have a hotel there so people do land based vacations there.

Minor correction...there isn't actually a hotel there, as far as I've noticed. It's all condos, many of which are rented out as vacation homes...

Archived