Ship time vs. Puerto Vallarta time on Carnival

improvman

I heard Puerto Vallarta time may differ from ship's time. Is that the case on Carnival? My wife and I booked a Carnival excursion from 8:15 am to 12:45 pm and I booked a Los Veranos Canopy Tour at 2 pm through a Mexican web site. If the Carnival excursion is scheduled to return at 1:45 pm Puerto Vallarta time, I'm cutting it way too close.

Thanks.

event.png

I heard Puerto Vallarta time may differ from ship's time. Is that the case on Carnival? My wife and I booked a Carnival excursion from 8:15 am to 12:45 pm and I booked a Los Veranos Canopy Tour at 2 pm through a Mexican web site. If the Carnival excursion is scheduled to return at 1:45 pm Puerto Vallarta time, I'm cutting it way too close.

Thanks.

event.png

Normally, ship's start the cruise on Pacific time and change to Mountain time as they approach Cabo. They stay on Mountain time until the end of the cruise as they head north of Cabo. Ship's time and local time will match in Cabo & Mazatlan. Vallarta is in the Central time zone. Ship's time will be one hour behind local time while in Vallarta.

If Pride lists the start and end time for ship's tours in ship's time, then you will not be able to make the Los Veranos tour at 2 PM local. They really want you at the office at least 15 minutes before the posted start time and it takes at least 15-20 minutes to the Los Veranos office from the marine terminal. You will have to be in a taxi headed for the Los Veranos tour office no later than 1:30 PM local (2:30 ship's time) in order to make the 2 PM tour.

I think you may be cutting things too close if the ship's tour does, in fact, go until 1:45 local time.

Enjoy!

Archived