Sea Conditions in March?

7SeasLover

I was wondering where I might find the sea condition in March. We're sailing on the Norwegain Crown out of Buenos Aires. Hoping not to miss any ports. Assume sea starts to get rough around the Falkland Islands. Hopefully, I'll be able to set up my tripod and get some shots as we sail the Horn.

Leaving in 14 days. We sail on the 25th,

Sea conditions are based on several factors, the most important factor is wind. I don't think anyone can give you a wind forcast this far out for any place on the planet. Someone may give you an average for wind and sea conditions, however the best you could hope for is a 50-50 chance of being close to right. My answer to you is that there is no way anyone is going to give you a good answer. We did this trip 2 years ago on Princess and we had 30 to 50 knot winds from the Faulkland Islands all the way to Cape Horn with 30 foot plus seas. Good Luck.

I think I didn't 'splain myself adequately. I'm not looking for anyone to tell me the sea conditions, I'm looking for a website that provides sea condtions. I saw a post somewhere (can't find it), that had a map from a website that showed directional arrows (sea conditions) and that's what I was hoping to find... the link to a sea condition website.

Sheesh, again I think I'm not explaining this correctly.

So if you happen to come back and see this... can you tell me what it was like on a ship with 30' waves? I've crossed the English Channel in a storm (wowzer), I've also hit some horribly rough seas off the coast of Nova Scotia and we hit a such a sever storm in Alaska that the China cabinet in our penthouse dumped all the stemware to the ground! I don't think any of those storms had 30' swells though, so I'm curious what it felt like. Were you even able to walk? :eek:

We were on the Royal Princess (old) and it is smaller than many of the ships used there. We had a group of 10 people and all of us are boaters and have experienced rough sea conditions. The ship advised us to secure all loose objects in our cabins after leaving the Faulklands. I should also note that the While the Royal Princess is smaller it was a deep draft boat and it could handle the seas pretty good. We could walk around without too much of a problem using hand railings. When we got to Cape Horn many of us were on the rear deck out of the wind to take pictures and videos. Take sea sickness medications and take your time moveing about the ship and you will be fine. I should also note that the previous voyage to ours the crew said it was like a mill pond with no wind at all. With rough sea conditions we never missed a meal however several shows could not go on due to the sea conditions. This is a great trip and I would do it again.

Archived