Ordering Liquor/Wine on board or Gift Delivery

Wicked

Ok I've driven myself to the breaking point! I've searched and searched and have no clue. But I have found out that other cruise lines allow you to purchase bottles of liquor (vodka,rum etc) to be delivered to your room. Does Carnival offer anything like that?

Also, I'm going out of Port Everglades and am looking for a company that will delivery goodies to the ship for me. And I've exhausted my usually extensive talents for searches so now need to rely on you good people for assistance~

Anything you can tell me will be appreciated! :)

Through all of my searches, I have not been able to find anyone that will deliver any alcohol other than champagne and beer. From what I have heard, you can make special requests with certain companies and they may be able to deliver other things to you, even if they are not available on the website.

Good luck!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Carnival doesn't allow you to purchase bottles and have them delivered to your room anymore. They will hold them until the last night of the cruise then deliver them to you.[/color][/font][/b]

Wow so even if I have a company deliver, they will take it? :) That's just not right!!

So much for TRYING to do things above board, so into the suitcase it goes!

I did find a liquor store less than a 1/4 mile from our hotel, since they are providing free shuttle from the airport, to the pier, I guess we're stuck hoofing it! Ok Ok I CAN walk that far but walking back with all my purchases may be a different thing :) Wonder if I can get them to deliver it to the hotel?

LOL Hey I'm lazy what can I say?

Thanks for the info Kristi!

Try [url="http://www.wellwishers.com"]Well Wishers, International[/url] for your cruise gifting needs. I don't know about liquor, but they've delivered other items for me to cruise ships that I've sailed on in the past. If you don't see your port city listed, just ask them. (I am not affiliated with them in ANY way...solely a former customer.)

I've ordered a bunch of things from the Carnival site for this latest cruise. Will let you know after I return September 5th how that went...

[quote name='mirrajay']what if you order the champage directly from Carnival? They still dont allow you to have it? Thats really not right![/QUOTE]

From Carnival's Gifts & Services page of their website

Wish your friends and family a great trip! Surprise that special someone with fantastic gifts delivered right to their stateroom. We offer a variety of gifts including:
[list]Generous selection of quality wines [/list][list]Beautiful floral arrangements [/list][list]Special occasion decorations [/list][list]Onboard credits and much more [/list]

[quote name='mirrajay']what if you order the champage directly from Carnival? They still dont allow you to have it? Thats really not right![/QUOTE]
You can order champagne and wine, just not hard liquor.

Reference: [url="http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Wine+Cellar"]Carnival Site[/url]

[quote name='Host Kristi'][b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Carnival doesn't allow you to purchase bottles and have them delivered to your room anymore. They will hold them until the last night of the cruise then deliver them to you.[/color][/font][/b][/QUOTE]

Okay, that is what I thought about ordering directly from Carnival - but is this true? If we order champagne from a third party, will Carnival allow us to have that?

Thanks!

Yah but they don't have any decent wines..... well none that I like at least :)

They do have the Moet that I enjoy and $62 for restaurant pricing isn't all that terrible for our night at the supper club and maybe one for our Bon Voyage!

Still, wish they did it like Princess or one of the other ones where they let you order the bottles and give you the setups for drinks in your cabin. Would surely stop some of the smuggling if they did that!

And I can't find a place with decent stuff to deliver (non-liquor wise) either so I'm still searching if anyone has any suggestions!

No hard liquor but you can have beer and wine delivered. I've done it many times. As the above poster stated wellwishers is one but I think their prices are as high as the cruise lines so here is a list I have:

[url]www.giftsahoyinc.com[/url]
[url]www.shipboardgifts.com[/url]
[url]www.cruisegiftsonline.com[/url]
bon voyage gifts 1-800-217-4438
Just because of you 1-800-882-9707

check these out.

[quote name='BottledRed']You can order champagne and wine, just not hard liquor.

Reference: [url="http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Wine+Cellar"]Carnival Site[/url][/QUOTE]
You can actually order hard liquor to be sent to a cabin directly from Carnival. This is not something that they publicize. All you need to do is call the Bon Voyage department and ask if they have the brand that you want. It will be delivered to the cabin prior to your boarding with alittle gift card if you so desire. For my cruise on the Triumph in 5 days, I have already ordered a liter of JD for my FIL's cabin.

[quote name='jcanino']You can actually order hard liquor to be sent to a cabin directly from Carnival. This is not something that they publicize. All you need to do is call the Bon Voyage department and ask if they have the brand that you want. It will be delivered to the cabin prior to your boarding with alittle gift card if you so desire. For my cruise on the Triumph in 5 days, I have already ordered a liter of JD for my FIL's cabin.[/QUOTE][i][b][color=black]jcanino[/color][/b][/i]
[color=black]What was the charge for a Liter of JD?[/color]

Hey Wicked...............it's Lorna...............
There is a company called "Just because of You, Inc." that I'm planning to use to deliver a mini decorated Christmas Tree to me cabin as a surprise for my family (heck we're on a Christmas Cruise after all) they might do baskets with other than Beer, Wine and Champagne......ask them, doesn't cost any thing to ask.............their phone number is (800) 882-9707 and they were really nice to talk to and even faxed me a Gift List. Worth a try.

[quote name='Wicked']Yah but they don't have any decent wines..... well none that I like at least :)[QUOTE]

[b][color=darkslategray]This is certainly a matter of personal taste.....but I have always found a nice wine to order for dinner. The wine list is quite extensive, and in all price ranges. (I take a couple of bottles to have in my cabin, but I always order a bottle or three in the dining room.):) [/color][/b]

"Just because of you" does about anything you want, just ask. One thing to keep in mind is that they may substitute. Our last order from them had 2 or three subs instead of the brand of items we asked for. examples: Orange Slice came as Orange Crush; Mike's hard lemonaide was a brand I didn't recognize and we paid to have roses on the package but came with some very wilted cheap looking purple flowers. Overall we were happy with the package.

[quote name='Cotton'][b][color=darkslategray]This is certainly a matter of personal taste.....but I have always found a nice wine to order for dinner. The wine list is quite extensive, and in all price ranges. (I take a couple of bottles to have in my cabin, but I always order a bottle or three in the dining room.):) [/color][/b][/QUOTE]

Oh in the dining room there's lots of great wines! I meant on their Gift site to order ahead of time for your room :) They have a very limited selection! Nothing at all like the dining room! Course if they had that whole list available I'd be set :)

Thanks Lorna! I'll give them a call tomorrow and grill them.

And thanks everyone else!

[b][color=darkslategray][/color][/b][b]Wicked, sorry, I misunderstood. Where IS my mind today?;) [/b]

[b]I haven't checked out their list for 'gifts' yet, and wanted to surprise my son with a bottle of wine on his upcoming first cruise...... maybe I'll just have some drink tickets sent to his cabin instead. Thx.[/b]

[quote name='HOSKI']"Just because of you" does about anything you want, just ask. One thing to keep in mind is that they may substitute. Our last order from them had 2 or three subs instead of the brand of items we asked for. examples: Orange Slice came as Orange Crush; Mike's hard lemonaide was a brand I didn't recognize and we paid to have roses on the package but came with some very wilted cheap looking purple flowers. Overall we were happy with the package.[/QUOTE]
Mike's Hard Lemonade? Ok, now I have to use them. That's my favorite drink at my local bar.

Yes, yes! Mikes Hard is my favorite drink also! Does Just Becasue of You have a website or you have to call?
Do you know ballpark figure how much you paid for the Mikes? (or the Mikes substitute as the case was).

Thanks!

Sorry I did not get that across correctly. They did not deliver the Mike's they gave me a replacement brand that I had never heard of and didn't care for. They had a website and then it was gone. You would have to call and ask but last time I heard you had to have a list faxed to you then make special requests.

[quote name='HOSKI']Sorry I did not get that across correctly. They did not deliver the Mike's they gave me a replacement brand that I had never heard of and didn't care for. They had a website and then it was gone. You would have to call and ask but last time I heard you had to have a list faxed to you then make special requests.[/QUOTE]
Aah..I get it. Yeah, there are 3 or 4 brands of lemon malt, but only Mikes is tart enough for my taste. Can you buy Mikes on board, I wonder?

Archived