Martini or margarita clinic or tasting on Carnival?

cnlshea

Does anyone know if Carnival has a martini or margarita clinic on any of their ships. I have been on other lines RCCL, NCL and they have clinics or tastings for a fee you get together and have a tasting of sorts of 3 or 4 different drinks. It usually makes for a really good day!:D

Does anyone know if Carnival has a martini or margarita clinic on any of their ships. I have been on other lines RCCL, NCL and they have clinics or tastings for a fee you get together and have a tasting of sorts of 3 or 4 different drinks. It usually makes for a really good day!:D

There was a "martini bar" on the Legend the second formal night. It was set up in the lobby bar - they had many martinis to choose from banana, tropical, chocolate, black cherry, etc. They poured them through and ice sculpture which was neat - but over all I was disappointed.

The bummer for us was that although there were Absolute bottles everywhere - giving the impression that they were using Absolute - it was not true!! They were using the house brand so they were not very smooth :cool: .

They were on "special" which meant they drop $1.00 off of each one - but only on the ones that you purchased from the ice sculpture set up.

thanks for the responses but its not exactly what I am thinking of on previous cruises they had a room (one of the lounges) set up with a couple of bartenders and you paid a flat fee lets say $15 per person and the bartender would give a clinic basically explaining how the drink is made 1 part vodka 1 part vermouth and then give a drink to everyone attending and then would do another martini (chocolate) explain and repeat the process it would last about an hr and you would have 3 or 4 drinks. It has been a lot of fun on past cruises I really hope Carnival has it!

I didn't attend but they had a wine tasting clinic on my recent Pride cruise. I don't know how much it cost, it wasn't posted in the capers but it was in the supper club during the day on one of the sea days. I wasn't totally NOT impressed with my dinner in the supper club, but maybe the wine clinic would have been better. I thought the food and service in the main dining room was just as good as the service in Davids, and it didn't cost me $ 30 per person to eat there. The waitress in Davids Supper Club left the food on the table to get cold while my husband and I were dancing- totally NOT the 5 star dining experience they described. I did LOVE our waitress in the main dining room though.

Archived