Smoking Courtesy Question

uva1981

I hope this does not open up a can of worms on the board. I have seen these threads go crazy at times, but, yes.... I am a smoker. As a courtesy to those guests who follow in my cabin, I am hoping someone may have a good remedy for smoke eradication I can use prior to disembarking. Any suggestions or ideas on this issue would be greatly appreciated by me and those that follow. Thanks.:)

Neither my wife nor myself are smokers and we can easily detect smoke odors. Never on a cruise have we had a "left over" smoke odor in our cabin. Whatever they use..it works! But thanks for your concern. And no lecture from me....I don't smoke but I do overeat! LOL

I hope this does not open up a can of worms on the board. I have seen these threads go crazy at times, but, yes.... I am a smoker. As a courtesy to those guests who follow in my cabin, I am hoping someone may have a good remedy for smoke eradication I can use prior to disembarking. Any suggestions or ideas on this issue would be greatly appreciated by me and those that follow. Thanks.:)

What Don said.

How come you have a Dove clip goin' on here?

I have no clue! Maybe I should contact Dove and get some kickback for advertising their product. I sure would like to know what I did to cause this to happen. Maybe for another thread. Thanks for letting me know.:) Now its Travelocity! What's going on here!

Thanks for showing some compassion for your fellow cruisers. Most of the time, the rooms do not smell of smoke. BUT... we had one horrible incident on a cruise ship where the previous occupants smoked cigars in the room. The smell was so strong you could smell it in the hallway with the door closed. Luckily after much "fighting" with the Purser's Desk, we were moved to another cabin.

As a non-smoker, I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

I am not a smoker but having many smokers in my family I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

However, from what I have read, one problem is not the smell left over for the next passenger (unless you are talking about cigars) but the accumulation of smoke in the cabin itself that bothers the smoker.

So I wanted to point out that if this becomes a problem in your cabin, one poster recommended opening the bathroom door. They said there was some kind of vent in there that kept their cabin from becoming to smoky when they were in it.

I don't remember a "vent switch" but perhaps there is something that automatically kicks on ???

Have a great cruise!! (and welcome to Cruise Critic)

I don't know whats going on but I have seen lots of random advertisments on posts this mornig, wonder if we can block them out some way.

I saw that as well. But they don't bother me, if it means the board stays running as well as it has been lately!! Probably just the revenue to pay for board upgrades!!

I wouldn't worry. When we got into our room on our Fantasy cruise, it still had a smoke smell in it. I just asked the steward to spray it down. Got back after dinner and no smoke smell. They've got some really good stuff that takes care of the odor.

I just came from a cruise with my non-smoking mom. I had some Febreeze air spray that I used. I only smoked two or three cigarettes a day in the cabin. It worked extremely well and made her a happy camper during the cruise.

And you could always use the method I learned from a college student:

Materials needed: paper tube (like a toilet or paper towel tube), rubberband and dryer sheet.

Cover one end of the paper tube with the dryer sheet using the rubberband to hold in place.

Blow the smoke into the open end of the paper tube.

I don't know if it really works, but she said it works well to hide smoking where (or what) you are not supposed to :eek:

My wife and I are both smokers and we never travel without a spray bottle of Febreze. We spray our rooms (the curtains, fabric chairs, bedding and carpet) a couple of times while we are there, a few days apart. It works wonderfull on eliminating the odors.

I just came from a cruise with my non-smoking mom. I had some Febreeze air spray that I used. I only smoked two or three cigarettes a day in the cabin. It worked extremely well and made her a happy camper during the cruise.

And you could always use the method I learned from a college student:

Materials needed: paper tube (like a toilet or paper towel tube), rubberband and dryer sheet.

Cover one end of the paper tube with the dryer sheet using the rubberband to hold in place.

Blow the smoke into the open end of the paper tube.

I don't know if it really works, but she said it works well to hide smoking where (or what) you are not supposed to :eek:

I've heard of doing this for another type of smoke, probaly works for cigs also

Archived