Water/Pop Carry-on and off?

I hope you aren't drinking from the bottles and then going to the dispenser and refilling them..... good way to spread virus....

Use a cup to refill them not directly out of the water dispenser or juice dispenser.

There were actually signs on the taps on the GOS when we sailed in Oct. stating NOT to refill the bottles at the tap. Just to let you know.

Thanks all. I did like the water on the ships I have been on, but I am thinking port days are going to be very hot and we will need water and I would rather not pay $2.50 for a bottle of water.

We won't have a refrigerator in our cabin, but I figure warm water is bettern than no water. It will get warm while we are walking any way.:)

Shadowtiger - when the were confiscating water, was it documented somewhere that you could not bring water bottles on the ship? The only thing I read said that water bottles may be checked to make sure you are not smuggling alchohol in them. Gee that sounds like High School.;) Sorry.

Thanks again for the responses.

We bring bottled water as well and have had no problem. We also bring refillable insulated plastic water bottles (available in the camping section of Walmart). On port days, I fill the bottles with ice from the Windjammer and then juice/water/ice tea. Make sure they're wide mouthed bottles so that the ice fits in easier. Stays cool for a good portion of the day. The kids also like squirting the ice water on themselves when they get too hot. Have a great cruise

I've always packed Dr Pepper in my checked luggage~10 bottles or so. I hate coke and the other soft drinks served onboard. Until they start selling Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb I'll continue packing them in my luggage! Are they going to have us stop bringing clothes on next so we have to buy from their shops???

When is the nickel and diming going to end????

I haven't reread this thread but on the CC home page there was an article about this and how RCCL and now CCL forbid any beverages to be brought on board. I guess time will tell how this is enforced. Any info from very recent cruisers will probably be the best out there. We had no trouble in Oct. with a 12 pack of water. Guess time will tell.

It is very simple for me...if RCCL stops me from taking on my six pack of bottled water or my six pack or diet Pepsi, I will tell them it is my last cruise with their company and give my business to NCL! I am a Diamond member of RCCL C&A but have about 6 or 7 cruises with NCL.

I really prefer RCCL over NCL but the water and soda ban is absolutely stupid and could have no other reason behind it other than to force folks to buy everything onboard and pay twice as much. Why don't they charge the same price for bottle of water and cans of soda that they do in the land-based stores and there would be no issue.:cool:

Hi all!

This is my very first post here and I hate that it has to be negative. :( We just booked our first cruise last week and I have been very exitedly reading all I can here as I always like to be prepared and informed when we travel.

First I was pretty bothered by the fact that you cannot bring your own wine onboard. I was so looking forward to drinking wine in the evenings on our balcony before dinner and their wine prices for what they are offering is rediculous. They're offering $10.00 bottles of wine for $25.00 and UP! BUT I was aware of this before I booked and still decided to book since we really want to cruise on RCI. But now I'm not so sure that we do anymore. It seems as if they're are treating they're passengers like a bunch of partying spring breakers who can't control their drinking and so therefore need to be controlled. I was planning on bringing a pack each of diet pepsi and water (I do not like fountain soda) but now apparently that's a no-no too!

I'm seriously thinking of canceling our cruise with RCI and going with another line that is less expensive and treats you with respect.

On a more positive note, we really, really are looking forward to our first cruise.....whichever one it's on! :D

Hi all!

This is my very first post here and I hate that it has to be negative. :( We just booked our first cruise last week and I have been very exitedly reading all I can here as I always like to be prepared and informed when we travel.

First I was pretty bothered by the fact that you cannot bring your own wine onboard. I was so looking forward to drinking wine in the evenings on our balcony before dinner and their wine prices for what they are offering is rediculous. They're offering $10.00 bottles of wine for $25.00 and UP! BUT I was aware of this before I booked and still decided to book since we really want to cruise on RCI. But now I'm not so sure that we do anymore. It seems as if they're are treating they're passengers like a bunch of partying spring breakers who can't control their drinking and so therefore need to be controlled. I was planning on bringing a pack each of diet pepsi and water (I do not like fountain soda) but now apparently that's a no-no too!

I'm seriously thinking of canceling our cruise with RCI and going with another line that is less expensive and treats you with respect.

On a more positive note, we really, really are looking forward to our first cruise.....whichever one it's on! :D

I know it's a bummer, just to let you know Princess does still allow wine to be brought aboard. Also, water and soda within reason.

Archived