From Central New Jersey to NYC Pier-8/7/04

shellyc

My SIL and BIL are sailing from the 12 st Carnival pier this Saturday. I told them that if they drove from South Jersey to Central Jersey I would drive them to NYC. I am having second thoughts about driving to NYC this Saturday.

I think I would rather drive them to Newark Airport and have them take Princess Transfers, or a shuttle service to NYC.

Can you buy Princess transfers if you are not flying?

Any suggestions? It would be 2 adults with 1 suitcase and 1 carryon each.

Thanks.

That is exactly what we did for our JUly 10 HAL cruise--drove to our son's home in Cranford and then he drove us the next am to Newark. We had pre-purchased a voucher for the bus transfer from ship services ($35/person). I am so glad we did not out our son through the absolutely horrendus traffic jam getting to the pier--21/2 hours from airport to pier.

I live in south jersey and have cruised out of new york 4 times. I have found the best way to go is nj transit train. It is very cheap for a round trip ticket. Stations in Trenton, Hamilton, Princton and right up. When you get in NY its a 7 dollar cab ride to the peir. Very easy.

My SIL and BIL are sailing from the 12 st Carnival pier this Saturday. I told them that if they drove from South Jersey to Central Jersey I would drive them to NYC. I am having second thoughts about driving to NYC this Saturday.

I think I would rather drive them to Newark Airport and have them take Princess Transfers, or a shuttle service to NYC.

Can you buy Carnival transfers if you are not flying?

Any suggestions? It would be 2 adults with 1 suitcase and 1 carryon each.

Thanks.

UPDATE: They booked thru Spirit Airlines Travel Desk, and Carnival won't sell them airport to ship transfers at this late date..

Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

Archived