What is a hump cabin & why is it better?

The hump cabins are located in a "bumped" out part of the ship, forward in the centrum area. They are our favorite cabins because they are centrally located and if you are in the middle of the hump you can see both forward and aft. The center hump also has a slightly larger balcony, and the cabins at the front and the end of the humps have larger balconies. They have become very popular and if you don't book early, they will be taken but some do become available after final payment.

Just off the Mariner (first time cruiser!) with hump cabin 9622 - a great cabin! As you now know what humps are I won't explain, but I will tell you that the location is awesome! It really is central to everything and very easy to walk anywhere you want to go instead of waiting for the elevators. I'm not sure if our balcony was larger, but we did have 3 chairs and a small table with plenty of room to stretch out and move around. Also, cabin 9622 on the deck plans does not look center, but it, along with the forward cabin next to it are at the most "humped" part of the hump. Having said that, I don't think I would mind being forward or aft of the hump - just not the first or second cabin before the hump because there is less privacy.

Good luck!

Gee I feel dumb. I kept seeing references to "hump" cabins and discerned they might be related to positioning but I kept thinking they were related to utility and function as opposed to the location. I was thinking they should come with the "Grand Romance" package. Oh well, guess I'll go back to the reproduction department (copying room).

That is my favorite location for a cabin.

We love the hump cabins for these reasons

(I am only describing the "Middle of the Hump cabins" from my own experience.

They are the only ones I have stayed in.)

1. Location, convenience to the stairs and elevators. No noise

2. The view.

3. You can see clear to the front and back of the ship.

4. You can see straight down to the water.

5. Total privacy on your balcony because you stick out further from

the ship than the other cabins.

6. The balconies on the middle of the hump cabins are not usually larger. Only the

cabins on the ends of the humps usually have the bigger balconies.

The Hump cabins are the ones that bow out on the left and behind of the lamp post. ;)

2297858440077651287EDCZLE_ph.jpg

Gee I feel dumb. I kept seeing references to "hump" cabins and discerned they might be related to positioning but I kept thinking they were related to utility and function as opposed to the location. I was thinking they should come with the "Grand Romance" package. Oh well, guess I'll go back to the reproduction department (copying room).

:D :D

For the OP, I'll let you know in about 10 weeks :)

Gee I feel dumb! I just stayed in one (last week... seems so long ago now!!!) and I thought they WERE part of the romance package. At least, that's how we treated it. ;)

I am booked in an E2 category and there are three "hump" cabins still available on Deck 6 - the first two forward and one of the middle ones. Should I change to the mid hump cabin?

I know we didn't originally choose these cabins due to their location across from the elevators as we were concerned about excessive noise. Is noise an issue there?

Thanks for all the help so far. This is our first cruise and August can't get here soon enough!

I am booked in an E2 category and there are three "hump" cabins still available on Deck 6 - the first two forward and one of the middle ones. Should I change to the mid hump cabin?

I know we didn't originally choose these cabins due to their location across from the elevators as we were concerned about excessive noise. Is noise an issue there?

Thanks for all the help so far. This is our first cruise and August can't get here soon enough!

We were on the Mariner (9622) and heard NO noise whatsoever. The elevators are several steps away (30- to 40'ish???). In addition, to access the cabins you must enter a hallway so there is a physical divider between the elevator banks and the cabins. :) I really liked having the center hump (our plans show we aren't center, but our balcony was the most "out") to be able to see forward and aft of the ship. Good luck!

We just got off AOS and stayed in 6618 -- the middle hump cabin. There was NO noise at all from the stairs or elevators, and the location is sooooo convenient!

That is the middle hump cabin available on my cruise. Looks like I'll be contacting my TA to change cabins.

Thanks for all the help! :D

We loved the hump cabin!!!! It is convenient to everything. We didn't hear excessive noise and loved looking forward and aft of our balcony!! I got great shots of the ship, which you can see in my pics (follow signature link - Mariner Maniacs cruise).

I'd book this cabin again. In fact, we did :) (on the liberty) :D

Which is better. Hump or Aft or are they the same. And can somebody explain the aft.

The aft cabins are the ones located on the very back of the ship. The benefits of these are the huge balconies. Con, very long walk to everywhere, which we like to help work off a few of the calories:p

We loved the hump cabin!!!! It is convenient to everything. We didn't hear excessive noise and loved looking forward and aft of our balcony!! I got great shots of the ship, which you can see in my pics (follow signature link - Mariner Maniacs cruise).

I'd book this cabin again. In fact, we did :) (on the liberty) :D

Thanks for the pictures. I'll be staying in 7322 in September on the Mariner. I can't wait!!!! Just curious: was this cabin right in the center of the hump? Did you notice if the balcony was any bigger?

Thanks for the info!!!:)

Which is better. Hump or Aft or are they the same. And can somebody explain the aft.

I cannot tell you from personal experience about the aft, but I've seen pictures. The aft cabins on the Voyager class ships are much larger; however, the view is somewhat obstructed from the superstructure of the ship. Bonnie Voyager has a great photo site - check it out: http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=0. A lot of people RAVE about these cabins and they are HIGHLY desirable. Personally, we had the chance on 3 different occasions to book one of these cabins. We passed (even at the cheaper rate) because of the view of all the metal. That does not bother a lot of people, but I wanted a more direct ocean view. Some people talk about the long walk to and from these cabins, but, to ME, it really isn't that long - less than 1000 feet (the ship is just over 1000 feet long, but the entrance to the most distant part of the ship will obviously be less than 1000 feet from your door step). If you're in any kind of shape at all, then it shouldn't be an issue. If not or if you have health issues, then you may want to rethink this type of cabin location (as well as forward cabins).

The hump cabins seem like normal size cabins and balconies; however, since you "jut out" from the side of the ship, you can see both forward and aft of the ship. We LOVED the location of ours and will book there again in the future. (Mariner 9622)

Good luck!

Thanks for the pictures. I'll be staying in 7322 in September on the Mariner. I can't wait!!!! Just curious: was this cabin right in the center of the hump? Did you notice if the balcony was any bigger?

Thanks for the info!!!:)

We were the aftmost cabin on the most outer part of the hump.

The balcony was not bigger. We just got to see way forward and way aft, so that was very cool! :D

Archived