Victory information

rockstarmama

I originally mistakenly posted this Q on the roll call board..... oops

Never done Victory or Carnival, so I wondered

1. Where is Camp Carnival on the ship? I tried looking at deck plans and saw 'Childrens Playroom' and 'Childrens Wading pool'. Not sure if that is all age groups or necessarily where Camp Carnival is. In particular, I was wondering where I would drop off my 8 yr old in relation to our cabin (we are on verandah deck).

2. With assigned dining times, does that also mean that we will be assigned a specific dining room the whole time? For instance, if we are assigned to the Atlantic Dining Room, does that mean that we will never dine in the Pacific Dining room? Can you request a dining room? Can you request to have a table assignment just for your party alone (5)?

3. I heard there are no speakers for the PA in the rooms, so you don't hear what's up unless you are outside.... true or false?

4. Also read that you may put 1-2 bottles of wine in your luggage at embarkation... true or false?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hi, you will love the Victory, beautiful ship. in answer to your questions, I have no first hand knowledge of camp Carnival, because my kids are grown, so I have no need.

As for the Dining room, you will have the same dining room and seats for the entire cruise, if you want to have just the 5 of you at a table, go to the maitre`d asap and they will try to accomodate you.

Funny, I cant remember the PA system, they are never really good. I know we would run to the door sometimes and open it to hear what was being said, not sure if that was the case on the Victory or not.

As for wine, they allowed us a bottle of champagne, but they may try to charge you an uncorking fee? ITs not cheap either, something like 15.00 . Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!:D

We are going on this ship 4/22/2007. Camp Carnival is the children's playroom and the wading pool is in the same area. Our daughter will be 6 this cruise, been on others and she loves Camp Carnival and all the activities. We have had to make her a calendar to count the days before we leave so we don't get asked constantly when she will be in Camp Carnival. You will be given a pager in case your child is having any problems or is unhappy, sick. They can get ahold of you right away. Hope this helps.

We've sailed Victory twice, with our third cruise on Victory booked for this summer. Yes, the "Children's Playroom" on Deck 11 forward is Camp Carnival. However, you may or may not be dropping off or picking up your child there. Generally the 2-5 group stays right in Camp Carnival, but the older groups may be doing their daytime activities in one of the lounges on the Promenade deck, like Club Arctic or Black and Red, since they're not used during the day. There is a separate Capers (daily schedule) for each age group of Camp Carnival, and that will list the locations. Nighttime babysitting will be in Camp Carnival on deck 11.

As for dining - we're a family of 5, and we've received a table for 5 on each of our cruises. You can request a dining time/room, but it's not guaranteed. Last year on Victory, we asked for and received 6:15 in the Atlantic dining room. Last month on Liberty, we asked for 6:15 but received 5:45. We didn't try to change, but if you arrive and don't like your assigned seating you can see the maitre'd to try to change.

As for the PA - as I remember, the vast majority of announcements will not be broadcast into cabins; however, boat drill announcements and debarkation announcements, as well as emergency announcements, can be heard in the cabins.

You can bring wine aboard, but there is a corkage fee if you want to have it in the dining room with your meal. Some servers won't charge the fee, though.

Enjoy Victory - she's a beautiful ship!

Archived