Tattoo in Oahu

niki1785

My fiance and I are going to be in Oahu for part of our Honeymoon and will be staying in Waikiki. I want to get a small tattoo on our trip, but have no idea what shop to go to! Can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in or around Waikiki?

Thanks! :)

Thanks Junebug! I hope you have a wonderful time on the POA... I'm sure you will! You'll have to give us all a review of what you did/saw! When I was trying to figure out what tattoo shop to go to I immediately thought of this website... everyone is so helpful!

Again, have an amazing vaca. and thanks for the wedding wishes! :D

just remember when you get a tattoo you cannot go in the water,, pool or ocean,, for at least 2 weeks,,, until it heals,,

just wanted to let you know

and CONGRATS on your upcoming wedding...

have fun in hawaii

Melissa

How about a temporary one before the cruise then you can decide whether to make it permanent at the same shop after the cruise.

That would prevent a "what was I thinking" incident, sheepishly explaining throughout your life that "it seemed like a good idea at the time" :)

I can't remember the last time I saw one that looked good

Thanks for your thoughts... I plan to have it done the last afternoon there... that way I can enjoy the water and weather for the whole trip. I already have a small tattoo and am excited to get another small one! Maybe someone will know of a good shop to get it done in. No need for a temporary one... already know what I want :o)

You want to get a butterfly? That is awesome. I have a butterfly on my ankle (the only one you can see as I have a few others).

Some people don't care for tats. That is fine and they don't have to get them. Mine are special to me and nobody would even know I have them unless I'm wearing shorts and you could see my ankle.

I suppose the only concerns I would have, as previously posted, would be keeping it out of the sun, and of course, keeping it dry.

Getting it done on the last day in port is a good idea so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

I am surprised that more of the locals haven't chimed in to tell you about any reputable shops in the area...but these days, you can kind of tell if you walk into a shop and they are reusing needles or it isn't clean you probably want to keep looking. You could also call a few shops and ask about things like how long they have been in business, how many artists, do they use new needles, not reuse ink, etc. Good luck!

Celeste

I would call the American Red Cross and ask if Hawaii is a state that is on their approved list. For example, I was deferred from donating blood for 12 months because I got a tattoo in California as they were not on the approved list. Stupid cuz they were completely safe, had licenses on their walls, wouldn't let my husband within so many feet of me, used gloves etc. But Red Cross said California was not approved yet. I would check just to be sure.

Thanks MrsKinsey and Yukon! I know I would have thought more locals would have had ideas. That's a good idea to look it up with the American Red Cross, I'll do that. Well maybe someone new will see this post and recommend a good shop!

Oh by the way, I already have a little butterfly on the right side of my lower back. I want a flower on the side of my left hip! You can't see the butterfly now unless I'm wearing a bikini and that's just what I want for the flower... you only see it if I want you to... ya know?!

Archived