Miami Hotels - Downtown or Coconut Grove?

cjb0717

I'm looking for a hotel for 1 night (Sunday) post-cruise in May. Trying to decide between Downtown or Coconut Grove, not looking for any night life because we have to leave for the airport at 6am. We just want a place we can wander around the area and shop during the day after we get off our cruise and have a nice dinner somewhere close by. I will probably try Priceline, don't want to pay more than $130.00/night. Where would you stay and why? Can anyone recommend specific hotels?

Coconut Grove is much better for walking to dinner than downtown Miami. Downtown empties out after work and there is not much there.

The Grove, however, is very nice at night with tons of dinner options.

Good hotels in your price range are The Mutiny, the Doubletree and the Grand Bay.

Coconut Grove is much better for walking to dinner than downtown Miami. Downtown empties out after work and there is not much there.

The Grove, however, is very nice at night with tons of dinner options.

Good hotels in your price range are The Mutiny, the Doubletree and the Grand Bay.

I too prefer the Grove

beats Bayside w/out question.

I've gotten great rooms off 'cheapo' web sites. last time a 3 room suite regularly $400 a nite for $90.....

Walked to Monty's for some chowder and fritters then hung out in CocoWalk for the evening.....

ya baby

We loved staying in the Grove - it's a great little area, lots to see and do, great restaurants to choose from. We will definitely stay there again the next time we go down. We got a room via priceline at the then Wyndham, but within a month of our stay, the Wyndham changed flags, I am not sure who runs it now. It was a nice hotel, however!

Stay at Coconut Grove...have not been there, but it seems like just what you would be looking for. We stayed downtown pre-cruise 3 weeks ago, and there really is NOTHING to do right in that area. Everything was a walk (and the ENTIRE city is under construction) with closed off sidewalks and streets, or a bus or taxi ride away. Miami is not known for it's great mass transit, so even that was somewhat difficult, and it also gets expensive.

Archived