Diet Sprite and Sweet Tea?

Also, I am from the south. Sweet Tea is a staple here in the south. Does RC offer sweet tea or is it unsweetened and then you have to add your own sugar? Is the tea brewed or made from fountain concentrate?

CruisingCatherine,

This post made me smile. :) I'm grew up in the South and love sweet tea. 5 1/2 years ago we moved to Southern California and I'm hard pressed to find sweet tea anywhere. Luckily I go back to the South often and get my sweet tea fix. :D

There is nothing like Sweet Southern Tea. I grew up in the south but spent several years as a young adult up by Chicago. All you can find there is unsweetened concentrate tea:( I was happy to be back in the south with my sweet tea:D You can't even stop at a gas station here without being offered tea. I guess if you aren't from the south you just can't understand why it is such an issue!:rolleyes:

Catnip, yes, your change did fix the problem and I have noticed that it is working on posts to other threads you have made. I really like the kitty face and whiskers at the end at well. (That actually did show up before--it was just the apostrophe that was the problem.)

I also like your black kitty at the scratching post. It looks just like my cat, who is solid black. Well, not completely now. He was solid black, even his whiskers, but now that he is almost 21 years old, some of his whiskers have turned white.

Kathy,

21 years old???? You are so lucky! My beloved Buff, died when he was 17. It was 2 years ago today, he went up to kitty heaven. :( I would have given anything to have had him even a few more months. Is your kitty in good health? Each day is precious with them!!

Catnip, I'm sorry for your loss--I understand how much you loved Buff. I am lucky because not only has my cat, Hobo, lived a long time, he is also in good health. The only health problem he has is arthritis in his front legs. It hasn't slowed him down that much, though, he still plays with his toys and he likes to jump up and look out the window. To make it easier on him, we put steps at "his" window so he can get up to his perch easier. I know what you mean about treasuring the time--I'm hoping Hobo will break the record on cat longevity.

You should try using Splenda in the tea on the cruise. It comes in packets or in a box/bag. It disolves very easily in any liquid and is way better than any other non-sugar sweetener. It is made from sugar, but it is very low carb. I am on the Atkins diet, and as a southerner, I have to have my Sweet Tea. To me, this stuff is the best low carb thing that anyone has come out with yet.

I also see weird abbreviations from time to time.

People write they are taking their "DH" or "DM" with them on the cruise. I have seen other anacronyms for (what appears to be) people, but can't remember them off the top of my head.

I've also seen "JMHO," and variations of it, which I have concluded means "Just My Humble Opinion."

Any others floating out there?

Lisa

Lisa, here's a list that someone posted on the old boards:

ASAP = As soon as possible

ATM = At The Moment

AYT = Are you there?

BBL = Be Back Later

BF = Boy Friend

BIL = Brother in Law

BL = Belly laughing!

BRB = Be Right Back

BTW = By The Way

DD = Dearest Daughter, Darling Daughter, etc

DF= Dear Fiance

DH = Dear Hubby (Or Husband) , Darling Hubby, Darn Hubby, Dumb Hubby, etc

DIKU = Do I know you?

DS = Dearest Son, Darling Son, etc

F2F = Face to face

FAO = For attention of

FAQ = Frequently asked question

FIL = Father in Law

FWIW = For what it’s worth

FYI = For Your Information

GF = Girl Friend

GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike

IM = Instant message

IMCO = In my considered opinion

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

IRL = In real life

ISO = In search of

JK = Just Kidding

LOL = Laughing Out Loud or Lots of Laughs

MIL = Mother in Law

OIC = Oh, I see!

OMG = Oh My Gosh!

OT = Off Topic

OTOH = On the other hand

PITA = Pain in the “acronym” (Use this if a board friend has gotten a little heavy handed with acronyms)

PITA = Pain In the A$$

POV = Point of View

PTMM = Please tell me more

ROFL or ROTFL = Rolling on the Floor Laughing ROFLMAO = Rolling on the Floor Laughing My A$$ Off

SIL = Sister in Law

SO = Significant Other

SU = Spousal Unit

TG = Thank Goodness

TGIF = Thank Goodness It's Friday!

TIA = Thanks in Advance

TMI = Too Much Information

TTYL = Talk To You Later

Archived