Cayman No Stingray Lots of Snorkel

char92868

I hope someone might be able to help me here! I have searched for hours for a lengthy snorkel trip in GC but we have done the string rays and really don't care to do it again. I think there is so much more to see and experience in the water other places around the island. I tried Ocean Frontiers but they said they are on the opposite side of the Island and wouldn't have time. Can anyone offer me any other ideas? I really don't want to just venture off with snorkel in hand, I prefer to be guided. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

We were there last year and used Captain Marvin's watersports...great group of people...they can serve you well...you don't have to do the rays again...just tell them you only want snorkling and you will get the best! google for their website in Grand Caymen...you can walk from tender area to their office...very close by...enjoy! Duckjordon

I hope someone might be able to help me here! I have searched for hours for a lengthy snorkel trip in GC but we have done the string rays and really don't care to do it again. I think there is so much more to see and experience in the water other places around the island. I tried Ocean Frontiers but they said they are on the opposite side of the Island and wouldn't have time. Can anyone offer me any other ideas? I really don't want to just venture off with snorkel in hand, I prefer to be guided. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

There is a ladder going down to the ocean at the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman where you can go in and snorkel. I absolutely love sea turtles, so we went to the turtle farm. You can reach down in a tank and pick up the turtles there. If they have tours there, you may be able to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. We stayed at the Reef condos on the east side last trip and the snorkeling there was fabulous. We brougt up giant conch shells and huge starfish just to admire and the squid, fish, and coral were nice. There's a nice snorkel place called Waldo's Reef right behind the Sunset House restaurant. Just go there to the bar on the beach for a cool drink and just happen to have your gear with you to snorkel. You really don't need a guide at any of the places I mentioned. They are right off the beach. Just look for the dark patches of coral.

Shelly

We had done Stingray City on a previous cruise, so last year we walked to Eden Rock to snorkel. It was almost as good as the snorkeling in Roatan. They have lockers to store your belongings, a restroom, and an outdoor shower to rinse off. This still gave us time to get lunch and shop in the downtown area, which we didn't get to do on the previous cruise.

Archived