Best excursions in Nassau with Kids?

njoy2cruz

We will be in Nassau on 4/14 from noon to 6:00 pm with our 7 & 10 year old boys. Any recommended excursions to do with the kids? Not sure whether to do something through the cruise line (RCL) or on our own. Please let me know any recommendations you may have based on personal experience or word of mouth.

We did the Pirates museum on our own since our planned excursion was cancelled due to high waves. It was definately a tourist place, but my kids (ds 10 and dd 12) as well as my hudband and I enjoyed it. It is an easy walk from the pier.

I have read wonderful reviews about the dolphin encounters. http://dolphinencounters1-px.rtrk.com/

If your kids like animals, the Ardastra Gardens is a nice small zoo just outside the city. They offer about 30 exhibits of parrots and other birds, reptiles and small mammals, along with a "marching flamingo" show and lory feedings (lories are small parrots which land on your arms to eat apple slices). You should be able to wrap it up in 2 or 3 hours. Admission $12 adults, I forget for kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from blackbeards. There are probably 20 or more stingrays in a fairly large penned up area some fish also. I personally had a great time you get to feed them while you are there You can spend as much time as you want with them . The kids there seemed to like the experience. For $10 you can have a pic in the water holding one if you like. the beach area was nice also plenty of room and chairs. It looked like you could rent jet skis also. I took the powerboat excursion through Royal Caribbean It was a little more money , but only took 5 min to get there and back so I feel I had more time on the island . There are some great pics on webshots of the area if you want to get a idea of the area I will have some on there soon. There was a bar ,snack bar , suvenier shop , bathrooms and showers on the beach also

Have fun

Shaney

We took the RCI Dolphin Encounter shore ex...had a blast!!! My kids (ages 16, 10 and 8) all loved the time with the dolphins! My son (10) loved it and I thought for sure he'd be bored...but he really enjoyed himself! The trainer we were in the water with was Chris---be sure to ask if he is in that day as he made the whole event oustanding! :)

Have a fun time no matter what you decide to do! It is so beautiful there!!!

Archived