Avoiding the Spring Break party

38gal

Any suggestions of what to do while in Coz that will by-pass the spring break party crowd? DH and I had hoped to take the Mexican cooking class but the one listed on our cruise line isn't available that day. We really like to avoid the crowd, but can't do anything very strenous. Any suggestions?

Cozumel really isn't a huge spring break kind of destination. The only real crowds you will find in Cozumel will consist of other cruisers if there are a lot of ships in port the day you are there. Check http://www.cruisecal.com to see who else will be there with you.

If you want the least crowded beaches, rent a vehicle and drive over to the East side of the island.

Hi....you might like Playa Uvas, as they limit the amount of people there each day, they have a small pool and massages at a reasonable price on the beach, good food...it is $7 for a drink and lounger or you can get various all inclusive packages for snorkeling and sea kayaks

It gets good reviews, there is a large thread here on the board about it

with some new pictures

Nachi Cocum also gets rave reviews and they limit the amount of people to 100 per day....but...the most recent review of it was not too sparkeling so who knows? Hopefully it will be back to it's usual standards but I would wait and see before booking it

I have read that the "east coast" beaches are nice, but I would be afraid to drive in Mexico....or drink and drive LOL

there are some tour places that will take you around the island to some of the east side beaches, the water is "wild" there, and not good for casual swimmers...but the views and beaches look pretty and the bars look rustic, like corona commercials or something LOL

Last summer my DH and I rented a jeep and drove around the island. If you want a great beach and place with food and drinks we found exactly this. We can't remember the name of it, it was new and quite. The service was wonderful as well as the food and drinks. It looks more like a restaurant/bar from the road but when you go in you will see the open air to the ocean. Absolutely beautiful! I wish I could remember the name for you but it is south of Coconuts which is a great restaurant, worth a visit, but on a cliff. I wouldn't be afraid to rent a jeep and drive to the east side. It doesn't take long to get there, maybe 20 - 30 minutes from town. It's hard to say exactly how long because we stopped along the beach in different places. If we weren't bringing our teenage son and his friend we would rent a jeep again and drive to the east side. Have a great trip!

** if you would like to email me I can send you a couple photos of this place. kthill@fayar.net :)

Archived