Booking a Cruise on the Pearl

peter pompom

Hi All

We are going to book a Cruise on the Pearl for a Sept. 16 departure out of Seattle, Would it be better to wait a little longer into the summer to see if the fares go down or do you think that the fares will stay about the same all summer for an inside cabin.. Thanks for your help.

The fares could go down or up. NCL changes the fares based on how well the cabins are selling. Your category of cabin could even sell out if you wait. The best advice I can give you is if you know this is the cruise you want and you think the fare is reasonable then book it.

last year, we booked in may(NCL star for late sept)...prices went up. rooms got sold out. all ships crusing for the month of sept were sold out, well, maybe a few penthouses. balconies were sold out first. my SIL got the last inside room on our cruise...booked it as a gty 5 weeks before cruising. her daughter booked a gty oceanview..got a partial obstructed view. when we went to add the mom to the cruise, just in one of the 4 rooms the family had booked, we could not do it..ship was full. the ship is full when all spaces on life boats are full, not when the cabins are full.

since the pearl is so new, there is no telling...but it's doing a popular route..the same route the star did last year. (glacier bay is outstanding)

it could go either way, but alaska is very popular.

Seems to me that if the reviews keep being as fantastic as they have been the past few months, the ship will be sold out before you know it. I'd do like one of the above posters said and book now if you're sure this is the cruise you want to go on.

Archived