Avalon Waterways - Poetry

MattC57

As noted by "gas", laundry is indeed very expensive, and we washed as much as we could. We did not, however, attempt to wash pants (approx. 5 Euros per item) and some of our shirts and blouses (around 2 or 3 Euros), and chalked it up to part of the cost of the trip. When one is limited to one suitcase, and there is no laundromat, one has to incur some laundry costs.

Thanks for the update! Do they allow you to add this on to a tab (like a Sea Pass)? Or do you have to pay for it at the time of service?

We can't wait!!!! 12 days to go!

Thanks for the update! Do they allow you to add this on to a tab (like a Sea Pass)? Or do you have to pay for it at the time of service?

We can't wait!!!! 12 days to go!

It goes on the shipboard account. BTW, as noted in the review, on our sailing there really were two shipboard accounts: the general one, in Euros, and the cruise directors's account (mostly for optional excursions) in dollars. We don't know whether that's normally true, or just true for Heinje (Hendrik Dadema).

Have a great cruise. We assume yours is NOT a tulip cruise.

It goes on the shipboard account. BTW, as noted in the review, on our sailing there really were two shipboard accounts: the general one, in Euros, and the cruise directors's account (mostly for optional excursions) in dollars. We don't know whether that's normally true, or just true for Heinje (Hendrik Dadema).

Have a great cruise. We assume yours is NOT a tulip cruise.

Nope. We're on the "Magnificent Europe" trip. It does leave out of Amsterdam, so I'm hoping to see SOME tulips, but I realize we might be hitting the end of tulip season. We still have some in Virginia, so I'm hopeful. :)

Thanks for all the info! I know we don't have Hendrik for our cruise director. I forget his name now, but it wasn't Hendrik. I'll have to look it up this evening.

We have booked the Budapest - Prague July 20 on the Poetry. Any and all suggestions about weather, clothing and sights now on the itinerary that shouldn't be missed are welcome.

Also, does anyone know who will be the CD?

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Poetry on July 20 also....2 couples from Florida. I have been looking for others on this cruise, but up to now found no one. Glad you will be aboard. Where are you from?

Marilyn

I think this is very funny....the only other people that we have found traveling with us are from Boynton.

We are in Valencia Lakes and my friends are in Aberdeen.

Where are you? We will have to get together before we sail.

Use my email ...... msmeltz@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

We had Andrzej as our CD, and he was fabulous! You only had to ask him once about certain things you wanted, and he'd provide an answer almost immediately. He was also funny as all get out. The crew on the Poetry is really great. We became especially fond of Sylvia in the Dining Room, as well as Miklos, Tibor, Zsusanna, and Martin. Lubica, our cabin stewardess was fabulous, and very sweet.

So when y'all go in July, tell them "hi" from Maggie. :)

Are you and Hendrik Dadema the same person?

The above posting by JoanandJoe seemed to indicate that.

Are the optional excursions posted anywhere in advance?

Years ago, on another Globus trip, we went to a delightful waltz concert in an old house in Vienna. I was wondering if it is still being offered.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn. CD on that cruise will be Hendrik.

Hi, Hendrik. We're curious as to what you've been doing since our cruise. Have you been switching ships, or did you take a short rest from being on the poetry? Best regards to you and your wife. Joan and Joe

Archived