Text messaging(cell)

midwestsolo

I want to thank everyone for all the great information I have received before going on my first cruise in over 25 years. My question is related to cell phone usage. I do not plan to call anyone while on the Noordam in May, will call family while in port, but I do plan to use the text messaging feature. Will this cost me anything? From previous entries on this board, I see that HAL doesn't charge for calling using my cell. I have confirmed with Verizon(my carrier) that there is no additional cost for what I all ready pay monthly for text messaging unless I go over my package limits. Again, thanks for all the things I have learned since finding Cruise Critic's website. I am getting so excited!! :confused:

I was on the Noordam in January 2007 and was never able to send a text message. I was told that I had service several times but, until I reached a port, I was not able to send successfully. I have Cingular and was told there would be no charge, other than the usual, for text messages. Too bad they didn't go through! :confused:

Archived