My Problem

saints25

Here Is My Situation. I Had An Ac Suite (for Me, My Wife And 2 Girls) And Balcony Room 2 Rooms Apart. The Balcony Room Was For My 10 And 8 Year Old Boys So We Could Be Close To Each Other. In January I Called About Getting The On Board Credits. The Ncl Consultant Said He Could Do It By Cancelling The Reservation And Re- Booking. He Assured Me We Would Have The Same Rooms. Well He Booked The Boys Room 20 Rooms Farther Down. Ncl Admits That It Was Their Mistake But Cant Do Anything About It As The Ship Is Practically Sold Out. The Only Advise That They Give Is When We Get On The Boat Try To Switch With Somebody.. This Does Not Seem Fair. Any Advice?

10 and 8 year old boys can not be registered in a cabin by themselves 20 doors away. They have admitted it was their fault and its up to them to fix it. I would keep calling whoever I had to and stress the fact that they have 2 underage people registered in a cabin that is not close to their parents. I'm curious by the way why you booked a balcony for them and not an inside possibly across the hall? Personally, I'd feel much safer with 2 boys in an inside than I would in a balcony, unless it is connecting?

My only suggestion would be to keep calling and calling until it was resolved, again, stressing the fact that the occupants in the one room are 2 minors. Hope it works out and have a great time when it does.:)

It is interesting that NCL let you book 2 childern in a room by themselves. I imagine that you really had one adult assigned to each room, but are letting the boys stay together. Since you cancelled your cabins, it is going to be hard to get them back together since the ship is about sold out. This is bad luck for you. We had a similar situation with our airlines. We lost our seating on a flight that was made 11 months in advance because we changed a flight from a different airlines coming back. I don't see how you can get your rooms changed on the ship when you get there. This will be interesting, I would really like to know if it can be done. Keep up posted.:)

Here Is My Situation. I Had An Ac Suite (for Me, My Wife And 2 Girls) And Balcony Room 2 Rooms Apart. The Balcony Room Was For My 10 And 8 Year Old Boys So We Could Be Close To Each Other. In January I Called About Getting The On Board Credits. The Ncl Consultant Said He Could Do It By Cancelling The Reservation And Re- Booking. He Assured Me We Would Have The Same Rooms. Well He Booked The Boys Room 20 Rooms Farther Down. Ncl Admits That It Was Their Mistake But Cant Do Anything About It As The Ship Is Practically Sold Out. The Only Advise That They Give Is When We Get On The Boat Try To Switch With Somebody.. This Does Not Seem Fair. Any Advice?

You're now discovering this two months after the fact? When you received your confirmation, had you noticed the change in cabin number, I'm betting your previous cabin would have been available.

10 and 8 year old boys can not be registered in a cabin by themselves 20 doors away. They have admitted it was their fault and its up to them to fix it. I would keep calling whoever I had to and stress the fact that they have 2 underage people registered in a cabin that is not close to their parents. I'm curious by the way why you booked a balcony for them and not an inside possibly across the hall? Personally, I'd feel much safer with 2 boys in an inside than I would in a balcony, unless it is connecting?

My only suggestion would be to keep calling and calling until it was resolved, again, stressing the fact that the occupants in the one room are 2 minors. Hope it works out and have a great time when it does.:)

It doesn't matter if the underage kids are close their parents or not, two kids of that age cannot be registered in a cabin alone anyhow. Stressing the fact that it is two minors is only going to bring more scrutiny to the situation.

What is going to happen is that the ship is going to find out that two kids (not even teenagers) are going to be in a room by themselves and they are going to make sure that a parent stays in that room with them or the family will not be allowed on the ship.

Why in the world anyone would even think of putting two CHILDREN (anyone under the age of 12) alone in a cabin on a ship is ok is beyond me. I don't care how responsible they are, too many bad things could happen.

It doesn't matter if the underage kids are close their parents or not, two kids of that age cannot be registered in a cabin alone anyhow. Stressing the fact that it is two minors is only going to bring more scrutiny to the situation.

Actually, if it is connecting rooms its fine to register kids into one room and parents in the other. And I may be mistaken, but I do believe they can also be registered to their own room if they are next door or across the hall. If not, one parent is registered in the one room and the other parent in one but that doesn't mean that parents make that their 'sleeping' arrangement.

And bringing more scrutiny to the situation is the point. The original booking may have had them in connecting, or at the very least, next door, and now that is messed up so again, the point is to bring it under scrutiny to fix it.

Why in the world anyone would even think of putting two CHILDREN (anyone under the age of 12) alone in a cabin on a ship is ok is beyond me. I don't care how responsible they are, too many bad things could happen.

And I agree. Personally, as I stated above, I would have a hard time putting two boys in a balcony room and would opt for an inside across the hall or another arrangement, but the OP didn't really say if the rooms were connecting or not so that may have been the case. Regardless, I'm not one to jump to conclusions and it isn't my vacation and I'm not going to judge someones decisions for themselves.:)

Actually, if it is connecting rooms its fine to register kids into one room and parents in the other. And I may be mistaken, but I do believe they can also be registered to their own room if they are next door or across the hall. If not, one parent is registered in the one room and the other parent in one but that doesn't mean that parents make that their 'sleeping' arrangement.

And bringing more scrutiny to the situation is the point. The original booking may have had them in connecting, or at the very least, next door, and now that is messed up so again, the point is to bring it under scrutiny to fix it.

And I agree. Personally, as I stated above, I would have a hard time putting two boys in a balcony room and would opt for an inside across the hall or another arrangement, but the OP didn't really say if the rooms were connecting or not so that may have been the case. Regardless, I'm not one to jump to conclusions and it isn't my vacation and I'm not going to judge someones decisions for themselves.:)

The OP said they were two rooms apart. Too many in my opinion.

The OP said they were two rooms apart. Too many in my opinion.

Yes, I went back and looked (brain freeze on my part to think it wasn't there :o ) and 2 rooms apart, a 10 and and 8 year old (boys at that) in a balcony wouldn't be something I would do and I'm surprised the original booking even went through like that. Yes, many phone calls will have to be made.

To the OP, let us know how it works out.:)

The ship may let it slide if they are side by side or across the hall, but there is no way they will let a 20 room division between young minors and parents. I'm sure security will be checking everynight to make sure a parent is in both rooms. (if not they should be for their safety as well.)

If the ship is sold out, I'm not sure NCL can do anything to fix the problem except give the family their money back. If the ship is full, they can't try and upsell or upgrade the people in the next door rooms to open them up for the boys.

And going back to the original post: NCL wants the OP to ask their neighbors on board if they would be willing to switch AFTER they get on board??? I doubt that is going to happen.

Everyone is right about one thing: This is NCL's screw up in many different ways....but I learned first hand one thing: NCL doesn't care about switching people's rooms as long as it doesn't cost them any money.

Archived